Why the sky is falling attitude

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Why the sky is falling attitude

Postby valleychamp » December 5th, 2010, 11:50 am

Aargh wrote:I hope this puts some perspective on just how bad the Valley is this year.

The Valley just went 1 - 7 against the MWC - a conference we feel should be at about the same level as the Valley.

At realtimerpi, the arrow beside the MWC is pointing DOWN. The MWC's conference rpi DROPPED when the MWC took 7 of 8 games from the Valley. It is legitimate for the MWC to cancel the MVC/MWC Challenge because the MVC is a drag on their RPI. Even beating MVC teams doesn't help teams in the MWC.

I don't think I need to mention that the Valley has an arrow pointing down. Not 2, just 1. The MWC took about the same rpi hit for going 7-1 against the MVC as the MVC took for going 1-7 against the MWC. That appears to indicate that both conferences were a bit overrated, but the results (MWC - 7, MVC - 1) are about what was expected.

The MWC is a good conference this year, and the Valley is not as good as it has been in the past. But we got some terrible matchups in this event, and we were missing one of the (probable) best teams in our conference.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Why the sky is falling attitude

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball