MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

UNI vs Milw

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UNI vs Milw

Postby Snaggletooth » November 20th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Milwaukee 65, UNI 63 FINAL

UNI out rebbounded. Didn't Shoot the FT well. 30% from 3pt arc.

UNI to the Abyss.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » November 20th, 2010, 9:20 pm

tough loss for UNI. Watch the last 12 minutes. Lots of ticky tat fouls called

Tough loss.
:( :( :( :( :( :cry:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby strike00 » November 20th, 2010, 9:20 pm

people wrote off UNI each of the last two seasons early on too. Too early for that IMO.

However, UNI needs to figure something out inside. Jake Koch is not a post player, Pehl is still raw and inexperienced and O'rear and Rank are undersized. The Panthers got manhandled on the inside tonight on both ends. Unless something changes, UNI will struggle with any team with a halfway decent post game.
Last edited by strike00 on November 20th, 2010, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strike00
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby AndShock » November 20th, 2010, 9:20 pm

This conference sucks.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 20th, 2010, 10:01 pm

AndShock wrote:This conference sucks.

Yes....yes it does.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » November 20th, 2010, 11:05 pm

I don't see valleychamp in this thread. He certainly was active in some earlier UNI threads.

valleychamp wrote:
Little Eddie wrote:Thanks for the synopsis...can I get a little more about your bench play? Is depth going to be a concern for you guys...I know it may be too early to tell but your best guess?

Depth is not a concern. We will have depth, and it will be quality depth.

valleychamp wrote:Sonnen and James are first of the bench and both are very experienced. Both of them could easily be starters. They will bring a lot to this team.

Rank (freshman) and Pehl (redshirt soph) will be the bigs of the bench. Rank is very talented and will fit right in.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » November 20th, 2010, 11:11 pm

UNI will be fine. I'm sure they will follow up their S16 season with a top 10 national ranking and another conference title. As ValleyChamp might say, they are that good.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » November 21st, 2010, 12:05 am

Aargh wrote:I don't see valleychamp in this thread. He certainly was active in some earlier UNI threads.

valleychamp wrote:
Little Eddie wrote:Thanks for the synopsis...can I get a little more about your bench play? Is depth going to be a concern for you guys...I know it may be too early to tell but your best guess?

Depth is not a concern. We will have depth, and it will be quality depth.

valleychamp wrote:Sonnen and James are first of the bench and both are very experienced. Both of them could easily be starters. They will bring a lot to this team.

Rank (freshman) and Pehl (redshirt soph) will be the bigs of the bench. Rank is very talented and will fit right in.

Uh, what are you getting at? My points still stand.

I have REPEATEDLY said that this team will struggle at times, especially early on, and especially on the road. That certainly held true tonight.

We are still breaking in some young guys, but they are gaining valuable experience. We played 9 guys tonight that provided quality minutes. We are in great shape long term, and I think this team has a chance to be a really tough team by season's end. Many of you people are misconstruing what UNI fans have been saying about this team, and the expectations for this team.

Rebounding and FTs are to blame for the loss tonight.
Last edited by valleychamp on November 21st, 2010, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » November 21st, 2010, 12:12 am

iSASO wrote:UNI will be fine. I'm sure they will follow up their S16 season with a top 10 national ranking and another conference title. As ValleyChamp might say, they are that good.

Well, considering we followed our last tournament appearance with a S16 and a top 13 ranking, you could be right!

I like your optimism! ;)

Maybe someday you guys can dig out of your traditional 9th place finish!
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball