Head Case

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Head Case

Postby hot nuts » August 10th, 2010, 11:04 am

Now that P'Allen is gone...who is the biggest headcase in the MVC? Gregg Marshall? Taylor Brown?
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Head Case

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Head Case

Postby jlandrus11 » August 10th, 2010, 12:18 pm

I used to hate Brant Leitnaker from Indiana State, but he is gone now. I just hated him because he got playing time over Crawford, and Martin which are clearly better than Leitnaker.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby dgreenwell3 » August 10th, 2010, 12:32 pm

Landrus....does that make Lietnaker a headcase??? cause that's the topic lol....I dont know if we can clearly say any of our big guys are much better than others
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby jayball » August 10th, 2010, 1:16 pm

Seems like Brown would be the next logical choice....he's been suspended multiple times and appears pretty clueless ala P'Allen. Maybe he will get things figured out and make a turn around unlike Mr. Stinnett.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 45otseoj » August 11th, 2010, 12:09 am

What is everyone's issue with Marshall? He gave Osiris a back handed compliment after he torched them in Normal last year, but other than that I haven't notcied anything unlikeable about him. What is the history behind this?
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby it's boogie time » August 11th, 2010, 7:29 am

I remember making a toast in honor of Gregg Marshall before we ate our free Ribeyes that he whined so much about.
it's boogie time
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby RoyalShock » August 11th, 2010, 7:47 am

45otseoj wrote:What is everyone's issue with Marshall? He gave Osiris a back handed compliment after he torched them in Normal last year, but other than that I haven't notcied anything unlikeable about him. What is the history behind this?

CU fans have a distaste for him because during a radio interview with Omaha's aspiring internet reporter Marshall used his speakerphone (granted, not a good choice) and was terse with many of his answers, which wasn't surprising given the absurdity of the first few questions asked (completely obvious yes/no answers, which Matilda didn't care for). After the interview Matilda spent the next 15 or so minutes of his show ragging on Marshall. Ever since, Matilda gets his panties in a wad whenever the subject of Marshall comes up.

Marshall also made a post-game comment about Altman running an option out of one of their offensive sets to get an alley-oop (for P'Allen, I believe) in the final :30 of game that was well in hand (WSU defended it, but Marshall recognized the attempt). So a bit of a rivalry was born out of that.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby TylerDurden » August 11th, 2010, 7:53 am

RoyalShock wrote:
45otseoj wrote:What is everyone's issue with Marshall? He gave Osiris a back handed compliment after he torched them in Normal last year, but other than that I haven't notcied anything unlikeable about him. What is the history behind this?

CU fans have a distaste for him because during a radio interview with Omaha's aspiring internet reporter Marshall used his speakerphone (granted, not a good choice) and was terse with many of his answers, which wasn't surprising given the absurdity of the first few questions asked (completely obvious yes/no answers, which Matilda didn't care for). After the interview Matilda spent the next 15 or so minutes of his show ragging on Marshall. Ever since, Matilda gets his panties in a wad whenever the subject of Marshall comes up.

Marshall also made a post-game comment about Altman running an option out of one of their offensive sets to get an alley-oop (for P'Allen, I believe) in the final :30 of game that was well in hand (WSU defended it, but Marshall recognized the attempt). So a bit of a rivalry was born out of that.

Tip of the iceberg.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sportstalkmatt » August 11th, 2010, 9:19 am

Really? Really. How can't nobody see it? Double GG's behavior on the sidelines and to the media is inconsistent at best. I am going to sit back and watch the fireworks fly when he finally blows. All others are a distent second.
White out around the world November 21st.
sportstalkmatt
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby dgreenwell3 » August 11th, 2010, 9:28 am

I actually like double G...met him once and on the personal level he seemed like a really nice just passionate guy and I would NO DOUBT want that type of guy to be the coach ISU blue anyday...
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball