Head Case

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Head Case

Postby unipanther99 » August 11th, 2010, 9:39 am

He got a technical that cost his team at a crucial moment at UNI last year. I can understand the point of wanting to get one to motivate your team, but I didn't get the impression that is what he was doing and it wasn't exactly like the Shockers needed to be more motivated at that point with the game so close.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jaysfan24 » August 11th, 2010, 9:51 am

2X G
Attachments
340x.jpg
340x.jpg (32.35 KiB) Viewed 6169 times
jaysfan24
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby 45otseoj » August 11th, 2010, 10:20 am

Double G?
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby dgreenwell3 » August 11th, 2010, 10:26 am

Gregg Marshall
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby RoyalShock » August 11th, 2010, 10:41 am

unipanther99 wrote:He got a technical that cost his team at a crucial moment . . .

So did Altman last year. As do many good coaches. What's your point?
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby unipanther99 » August 11th, 2010, 11:03 am

RoyalShock wrote:
unipanther99 wrote:He got a technical that cost his team at a crucial moment . . .

So did Altman last year. As do many good coaches. What's your point?

Altman can no longer be considered for this "honor" as he is no longer in the MVC. Yes, other coaches do this, but the significance of that game made it more headcase worthy IMO. Marshall is a great coach, and I expect good things from the Shockers this year, but I think your coach is a little over the top sometimes.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby oneNEIGHBOR » August 11th, 2010, 11:08 am

sportstalkmatt wrote:
45otseoj wrote:What is everyone's issue with Marshall? What is the history behind this?

Really? Really. How can't nobody see it? Double GG's behavior on the sidelines and to the media is inconsistent at best. I am going to sit back and watch the fireworks fly when he finally blows. All others are a distent second.

I think Marshall is a VERY good coach! obviously if you do not like him you are just jealous that he is not your coach. And to the Creighton fans, back when you had Altman I liked him for the most part it was just that he beat us so much it got sort of annoying. But luckily i think the rolls are reversing!
Go Shockers!
Ready for some basketball!
oneNEIGHBOR
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby blueblood » August 11th, 2010, 11:27 am

RoyalShock wrote:
45otseoj wrote:What is everyone's issue with Marshall? He gave Osiris a back handed compliment after he torched them in Normal last year, but other than that I haven't notcied anything unlikeable about him. What is the history behind this?

CU fans have a distaste for him because during a radio interview with Omaha's aspiring internet reporter Marshall used his speakerphone (granted, not a good choice) and was terse with many of his answers, which wasn't surprising given the absurdity of the first few questions asked (completely obvious yes/no answers, which Matilda didn't care for). After the interview Matilda spent the next 15 or so minutes of his show ragging on Marshall. Ever since, Matilda gets his panties in a wad whenever the subject of Marshall comes up.

Marshall also made a post-game comment about Altman running an option out of one of their offensive sets to get an alley-oop (for P'Allen, I believe) in the final :30 of game that was well in hand (WSU defended it, but Marshall recognized the attempt). So a bit of a rivalry was born out of that.

As a CU fan i disagree. I can't stand the guy because he whines about everything. He is similiar to the way Weber was at SIU. The difference is that Weber would later joke about it. Marshall appears to actually have an anger management paranoia problem. I also think you are playing a bit too much into the CU-WSU thing. I am willing to bet most fan bases do not like him, not just CU fans.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby RoyalShock » August 11th, 2010, 1:18 pm

blueblood wrote:As a CU fan i disagree. I can't stand the guy because he whines about everything. He is similiar to the way Weber was at SIU. The difference is that Weber would later joke about it. Marshall appears to actually have an anger management paranoia problem. I also think you are playing a bit too much into the CU-WSU thing. I am willing to bet most fan bases do not like him, not just CU fans.

But was Altman much different in that respect? He whined and jawed with the refs a lot. But he just isn't as consistently intense and animated as Marshall.

For the record, I liked and respected Altman during most of his tenure at CU. He set a good example for other Valley coaches on how to stick around and build a consistently solid program.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby blueblood » August 11th, 2010, 1:48 pm

"consistently intense and animated " That is it. Its as simple as that. Thats why he is on the list. He is not well liked becasue he is consistently intense and animated.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball