What's the next realignment domino to fall?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

What happens next?

Wichita St leaves for a better league
37%
Missouri St, IllinoisSt, UNI move up to FBS
25%
MVC expands
37%

Total votes : 107

Re: What's the next realignment domino to fall?

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » September 20th, 2017, 9:19 am

Jacobson is the exception to the rule. Maybe his wife doesn't want to leave cedar falls. Maybe he wants his kids to graduate first. Could be a number of reasons. Maybe he knows he's petty much got a job until 60 and is okay making 900k per year and doesnt feel the need breaking the bank. Whatever the case may be he seems to be staying at UNI for the near future because his buyout is currently $3.6-million until mid 2019. There is always the Jacobson of the world and the lane kiffens of the world who leave everywhere at anytime but those examples are the ends of the spectrum and shouldn't be over analyzed because they're not the norm.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » September 20th, 2017, 8:13 pm

Jacobsen isn't the norm but at least it shows its possible for a mid major to retain a top flight coach.

I choose to think he's (Jacobsen) just smart. He's making good money in a place he's obviously happy. What could be better? Maybe there's a few more like him out there.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » September 21st, 2017, 6:07 am

Who is this Jacobsen I keep seeing referenced?

Where is he coaching?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » September 21st, 2017, 7:14 am

uniftw wrote:Who is this Jacobsen I keep seeing referenced?

Where is he coaching?

REALLY, that's what you got???
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » September 21st, 2017, 7:21 am

BEARZ77 wrote:

Where is he coaching?

He's been at UNI since 2001.
He's been the head coach since 2006.
He's going to move into top 5 for all time wins as a MVC coach this year
He's going to move into top 5 for all time conference wins as a MVC coach this year
He's won a few COY awards

It might be time people started getting his name right.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » September 21st, 2017, 10:28 am

BEARZ77 wrote:

Where is he coaching?

Good lord. My apologies then to you and Ben JACOBSON. Sometimes people misspell my last name but I don't take offense or get my panties in a wad about it. Did you even notice all the accolades being thrown his way? To me that's more significant than a simple unintentional misspelling. :Bam:
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvfcfan » September 21st, 2017, 10:52 am

The MVC signed a 3 year deal with NBC Sports Chicago. 16 of the MVC's regular season games will be broadcasted on the network. The first two days of Arch Madness will also be broadcasted on there.

http://mvc-sports.com/news/2017/9/14/me ... ign=buffer

So which market will the MVC target next when we go to 12: Milwaukee (UWM), Tulsa (ORU), or Cincinnati (NKU)?
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LanceShock » September 21st, 2017, 1:40 pm

mvfcfan wrote:The MVC signed a 3 year deal with NBC Sports Chicago. 16 of the MVC's regular season games will be broadcasted on the network. The first two days of Arch Madness will also be broadcasted on there.

http://mvc-sports.com/news/2017/9/14/me ... ign=buffer

So which market will the MVC target next when we go to 12: Milwaukee (UWM), Tulsa (ORU), or Cincinnati (NKU)?

No way it is ORU. The Valley has been moving East in recent years, not West.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Fargobison » September 22nd, 2017, 6:05 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:http://bismarcktribune.com/news/state-and-regional/all-individual-sports-at-ndsu-und-lose-money/article_a9ea7b3f-6826-5348-8cb5-d0eadb369df0.html

This is what happens even when an FCS team wins 5 National championships in a row. Theyre still not profitable.

This doesn't mean the athletic department has been in the red, however. It states in the article that sponsors put them in the black. Still, sad when you're a juggernaut and cant make money.

Football at NDSU is very profitable, same with men's hockey at UND. That article was poorly written, football donations from the booster group alone amount to almost $4 million and of that only $1.2 million is allocated back to football. The football program at NDSU pretty much funds every athletic scholarship at the school.
Fargobison
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » September 23rd, 2017, 2:35 am

Fargobison wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:http://bismarcktribune.com/news/state-and-regional/all-individual-sports-at-ndsu-und-lose-money/article_a9ea7b3f-6826-5348-8cb5-d0eadb369df0.html

This is what happens even when an FCS team wins 5 National championships in a row. Theyre still not profitable.

This doesn't mean the athletic department has been in the red, however. It states in the article that sponsors put them in the black. Still, sad when you're a juggernaut and cant make money.

Football at NDSU is very profitable, same with men's hockey at UND. That article was poorly written, football donations from the booster group alone amount to almost $4 million and of that only $1.2 million is allocated back to football. The football program at NDSU pretty much funds every athletic scholarship at the school.

Wrong. It's not profitable. The boosters are lining the coffers. Still ends up in the same place but the origram itself is s red operating entity.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball