Evansville Aces at #23 Butler University (Sat, Nov 27th)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville Aces at #23 Butler University (Sat, Nov 27th)

Postby Aces44 » November 27th, 2010, 7:06 pm

For the record: Blind squirrels don't win road games in college basketball. (or break 17 game home win streaks). I don't think UE will go undefeated the rest of the year, but barring a bunch of season ending injuries this team has a chance to make a lot of teams very uncomfortable for the next couple of years. :duel:
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby denjayfan1 » November 27th, 2010, 7:08 pm

Butler is a good team but it is trying to find its identity without Gordon Haywood. They will be a tourney team and dangerous one at that before it's all said and done.
denjayfan1
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sixth ace » November 27th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Great Win for UE I said earlier we need a good first half and a great second half I didn't think we would
need an outstanding overtime!!

GO UE

:Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :dance: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » November 27th, 2010, 8:09 pm

Aces44 wrote:For the record: Blind squirrels don't win road games in college basketball. (or break 17 game home win streaks). I don't think UE will go undefeated the rest of the year, but barring a bunch of season ending injuries this team has a chance to make a lot of teams very uncomfortable for the next couple of years. :duel:

Sure they do. It happens.

a. Butler is struggling to find it way and may not be as good as preseason expectations.

b. Butler looks as this as a easy win and are more interested in their Xavier and Duke games and overlooks Evansville

c. Evansville elevated it play (I am assuming they play one of their better games of the year).

A + B + C = D (Overtime upset)

The real question is how bad is Butler and how good is Evansville? We will know more when we gain some more perspective. It could be that Evansville is better than preseason expectations and they are buying into their coaches philosophy.

I remember how when WSU beat LSU and Syracuse on the road one year everybody thought they were NCAA lock. Once some perspective was gained we ended up realizing was LSU and Syracuse were having down years and WSU wasn't that good either.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » November 27th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
Aces44 wrote:For the record: Blind squirrels don't win road games in college basketball. (or break 17 game home win streaks). I don't think UE will go undefeated the rest of the year, but barring a bunch of season ending injuries this team has a chance to make a lot of teams very uncomfortable for the next couple of years. :duel:

Sure they do. It happens.

a. Butler is struggling to find it way and may not be as good as preseason expectations.

b. Butler looks as this as a easy win and are more interested in their Xavier and Duke games and overlooks Evansville

c. Evansville elevated it play (I am assuming they play one of their better games of the year).

A + B + C = D (Overtime upset)

The real question is how bad is Butler and how good is Evansville? We will know more when we gain some more perspective. It could be that Evansville is better than preseason expectations and they are buying into their coaches philosophy.

I remember how when WSU beat LSU and Syracuse on the road one year everybody thought they were NCAA lock. Once some perspective was gained we ended up realizing was LSU and Syracuse were having down years and WSU wasn't that good either.

Excellent post. It is far, far, far too early. We need to play about 3-5 more games. The Evansville fans do not believe that our team is bad as you believe they are. We also understand that beating Butler University is only one game and does not help us win any other games. But it does give the players some confidence in knowing that if they buy into the coach's system, embrace their role, work hard at practice, that competing may lead to winning.

I, too, remember when WSU fans had already started talking about where the NCAA Regional would be, and this was before the first MVC conference game was played.

Many games to be played.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » November 27th, 2010, 8:55 pm

Aces44 wrote:This is a "Program Changer" for the Aces! Remember, kids in Indiana that are mid-major talent and want a private school education have a limited amount of choices. Butler and Evansville will compete with kids from time to time and now that the Aces have beaten Butler on their home court, and stopped their streak of 17 straight home wins, it will tilt the odds in their favor.

In addition, to those of you that wanted to kick UE out of the valley last week, and also complained that there haven't been any good wins by a Valley team this year: You are Welcome and we will be staying for awhile :D !

I really hope this is a WSU fan posing as an Aces fan or you guys are way more delusional than I had previously thought.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rjl » November 27th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Congrats, Ace fans. A win like this allows you to unzip and let it hang out for a little while.

A little while.
rjl
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 27th, 2010, 9:22 pm

rjl wrote:Congrats, Ace fans. A win like this allows you to unzip and let it hang out for a little while.

A little while.

Until the next bad loss.

Good job Evansville. Not sure this helps the whole conference tons in the long run, but for tonight it is a boost. The Valley just needs to get their crap together and start winning these types of games. Hopefully Evansville has started the trend.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » November 27th, 2010, 10:17 pm

AndShock wrote:
Aces44 wrote:This is a "Program Changer" for the Aces! Remember, kids in Indiana that are mid-major talent and want a private school education have a limited amount of choices. Butler and Evansville will compete with kids from time to time and now that the Aces have beaten Butler on their home court, and stopped their streak of 17 straight home wins, it will tilt the odds in their favor.

In addition, to those of you that wanted to kick UE out of the valley last week, and also complained that there haven't been any good wins by a Valley team this year: You are Welcome and we will be staying for awhile :D !

I really hope this is a WSU fan posing as an Aces fan or you guys are way more delusional than I had previously thought.

Coming to your house this December
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 27th, 2010, 11:27 pm

[quote="Ace Dad"]Homeboy, worst program? No.[/quote]

Uh, who has the worst program then?
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball