Evansville Aces at #23 Butler University (Sat, Nov 27th)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville Aces at #23 Butler University (Sat, Nov 27th)

Postby JasonFromBradley » November 28th, 2010, 12:07 am

Great day for the MVC! The only loss was a last-second one by Drake, and Evansville had their aces high in the big upset!

:wave:
JasonFromBradley
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ace Dad » November 28th, 2010, 12:30 am

There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » November 28th, 2010, 1:33 am

I apologize for everything bad I've written or even thought about UE. I was wrong.

Beating Butler at their place is an accomplishment for an upper-level BCS team.

This means that every Valley team has to look out for UE when UE is on the road. I don't think anyone other than the most radical of UE fans would have expected that going into the season.

This is easily the biggest W of the year for the Valley. Considering the expectations for UE and Butler this year, it's one of the best W's for the Valley in a lot of years.

WSU has San Diego State at their place. That's about an equivalent game to this one and I'm not expecting that WSU comes out of San Diego with a win. That pretty much puts this game in perspective from my point of view.

Mere congratulations aren't adequate to express my opinion of this W by Evansville.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Unsmooth Moment » November 28th, 2010, 3:38 am

Great win Aces. The valley looked good tonight, except for Drake and their damn technical foul... :Bam:
Unsmooth Moment
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SycamoreFanatic » November 28th, 2010, 4:26 am

rjl wrote:Congrats, Ace fans. A win like this allows you to unzip and let it hang out for a little while.

A little while.

Great job Aces. I'm still eating my crow. Obviously mis-judged the Ace's gut level to pull this one out. No sneaking up on anyone else.

:bow: :Cheers:
SycamoreFanatic
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ace Dad » November 28th, 2010, 5:00 pm

From two Butler University fans on the Indy Star blog:

...Let's show some patience. Unless one believes las year was an aberration, then give this team and its coach sometime put things together. While not a national power, Evansville has talent, a talented coach and yesterday had a great game plan that was executed very well. The Aces dug in on the defensive end and beat the Dawgs at their own game. It may have been the first of several losses for the Dawgs. But they will rise back to the top for the same reasons they rose last year. Good things (when based on the right reasons) can take time. Butler fans need to relax a bit knowing that the future is bright.....

.......Evansville showed great determination and made shots. Butler couldn't get the ball in the basket during the second half. When Butler needed to make free throws...they couldn't. These kind of games happen and they become a learning experience for the team. Butler has a talented team and the coaches will figure out the right combination as starters. I do believe it was evident the team missed Ron Nored yesterday. He has such a presence and leadership on the floor. .........
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby acepurple84 » November 28th, 2010, 5:32 pm

To all for the nice complements on UE's victory Thank you. But all must support every Valley team when they play opponents outside the valley. I want all valley teams to win their OOC games. :bounce:
acepurple84
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » November 28th, 2010, 6:11 pm

They'll be talking about this one for years and years in Evansville. Just don't tell em Butler was missing their point guard and highly overrated this year.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » November 28th, 2010, 6:58 pm

WSUbballer wrote:They'll be talking about this one for years and years in Evansville. Just don't tell em Butler was missing their point guard and highly overrated this year.

Of course they're going to be talking about it for years. This was a program changer. Didn't you see the poster that said Evansville is now a more attractive school than Butler for recruits since Evansville beat Butler?
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » November 28th, 2010, 7:01 pm

WSUbballer wrote:They'll be talking about this one for years and years in Evansville. Just don't tell em Butler was missing their point guard and highly overrated this year.

Highly overrated? Says who, you? Butler will more then likely win over 20 games this year and be in NCAA tournament. Who knows, they may win a game or two. Sure their PG was out. Every team deals with injuries.

Not to surprising almost all the backhanded complaments and sarcastic responses are all from shocker fans. Says a lot about your fan base.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball