Missouri State's Pickens to miss season

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MVCfans » August 10th, 2010, 3:31 pm

Emergency knee surgery following a ruptured patellar tendon during pre-season conditioning will cost PG Keith Pickens the entire 2010-11 season. Pretty big loss per the attached article:

He played 33 games in all as a true freshman, earning 17 starts, while averaging 3.9 points and 2.4 rebounds in 16.5 minutes per game. He was seventh on the team in scoring (130) and rebounding (78) and fifth in steals (21).

http://www.missouristatebears.com//View ... =204975600
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Missouri State's Pickens to miss season

Postby jayball » August 10th, 2010, 4:44 pm

tough injury......dotzler came back from it, but it was long hard struggle and he never quite had the same mobility.

Best of luck to him.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ShockTalk » August 10th, 2010, 8:28 pm

Never want to see a player have an injury and miss time. Hope everything goes well with his recovery.

Not only tough for the Bears, but the Valley as well. Mo St's star is rising and helping the Valley and its team's status as well.
ShockTalk
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby BirdmanBB » August 11th, 2010, 9:16 am

that does is for me. WSU will be the heavy fav now.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » August 21st, 2010, 12:27 am

BirdmanBB wrote:that does is for me. WSU will be the heavy fav now.

Because of a guard who averaged 3.9 points, .62 assists, and 2.4 boards is done for the year? Not to mention had a 1:2 assist to turnover ratio...Sorry, not seeing it. We will bring back more than any other Valley team. Plus we have a proven point, 2 excellent scorers and 3 capable ones, a decent low post presence, and an improved bench even if they are freshmen. I still think WSU is a favorite but not a heavy favorite, just slightly.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby 45otseoj » August 21st, 2010, 12:49 am

MSUDuo wrote:

Because of a guard who averaged 3.9 points, .62 assists, and 2.4 boards is done for the year? Not to mention had a 1:2 assist to turnover ratio...Sorry, not seeing it. We will bring back more than any other Valley team. Plus we have a proven point, 2 excellent scorers and 3 capable ones, a decent low post presence, and an improved bench even if they are freshmen. I still think WSU is a favorite but not a heavy favorite, just slightly.

I'd say Bradley does.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Red » August 21st, 2010, 7:16 am

45otseoj wrote:
MSUDuo wrote:

I'd say Bradley does.

Who cares if you have a lot of players returning from an average, underachieving team? If it were such an advantage, why will Bradley finish 4-5th again this year?
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WuDrWu » August 21st, 2010, 7:40 am

This sounds like a K-State football discussion from the mid 80s.

The good news is that everyone is back......the bad news is that everyone is back.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » August 21st, 2010, 2:53 pm

MSUDuo wrote:

I love it. He's a huge player to the depth of MSU when you have him. Then when he's out, it's not a big deal.

Make up your mind.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » August 21st, 2010, 9:10 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
MSUDuo wrote:

I love it. He's a huge player to the depth of MSU when you have him. Then when he's out, it's not a big deal.

Make up your mind.

Learn to comprehend what people write and maybe you will understand what I was saying. Maybe not though
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball