January 24th-25th games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: January 24th-25th games

Postby GOREDBIRDS4 » January 26th, 2015, 11:05 am

Championz wrote:84% =/= 100%

It's not hard math. 84% FT shooters do miss free throws. That's why they're 84%.

I'm glad that the Redbird fanbase IQ continues to impress.

So you think that being 16% and that actually hitting is not lucky?
If you would like we can put 100 balls in bag, 84 red and 16 purple... we pull out 10 balls... for every red you owe me 100 and for every purple i will pay you 100.

Since you know its not luck.
GOREDBIRDS4
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Khan4Cats » January 26th, 2015, 11:24 am

GOREDBIRDS4 wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:May be a dumb comment but dumb doesn't equate with classless, and certainly not 'one after another' as you posted.

Classless is kicking someone in the chest and claiming it's incidental.

Classless is throwing deep down the middle up two scores with two minutes left in a game.

Classless is calling someone classless for making a dumb argument or an arugment you don't agree with.

1.) That was incidental. Period.
2.) Whatever it takes to win the game. It's not over until victory formation. Ever heard of Bill Belichick.
3.) I am not calling someone classless do to the argument on this message board. However, there are a lot of posts on here that back up what I have met in person.

3) Feel free to start quoting them. There is a quote function that should make it easy to do.

as for 1) and 2). I think they kind of go hand and hand with the philosophy apparently used in central Illinois. Whatever it takes.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » January 26th, 2015, 11:26 am

GOREDBIRDS4 wrote:This comment makes no sense. The game was won on a shot with 5 seconds left. The game may have turned at the point where UNI went zone but it wasn't won until that 3 ball in the corner. And still wasnt even won at that point yet. A lucky win with 5 seconds left and you are telling me that you won the game already. Is this your first game you have ever watched?
If you watched that last 10-12 minutes and think that the UNI win was lucky your basketball IQ is very low.

As I said, the score might not have showed it until late but the adjustments from UNI, and the lack of from ISU, won UNI that game LONG before that 3 went through
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby GOREDBIRDS4 » January 26th, 2015, 11:43 am

uniftw wrote:
GOREDBIRDS4 wrote:This comment makes no sense. The game was won on a shot with 5 seconds left. The game may have turned at the point where UNI went zone but it wasn't won until that 3 ball in the corner. And still wasnt even won at that point yet. A lucky win with 5 seconds left and you are telling me that you won the game already. Is this your first game you have ever watched?
If you watched that last 10-12 minutes and think that the UNI win was lucky your basketball IQ is very low.

As I said, the score might not have showed it until late but the adjustments from UNI, and the lack of from ISU, won UNI that game LONG before that 3 went through

We are just circling now. The adjustment made gave them a chance to win the game, it didnt win them the game. The 3 WON them the game.
GOREDBIRDS4
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby GOREDBIRDS4 » January 26th, 2015, 11:44 am

Khan4Cats wrote:
GOREDBIRDS4 wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:May be a dumb comment but dumb doesn't equate with classless, and certainly not 'one after another' as you posted.

Classless is kicking someone in the chest and claiming it's incidental.

Classless is throwing deep down the middle up two scores with two minutes left in a game.

Classless is calling someone classless for making a dumb argument or an arugment you don't agree with.

1.) That was incidental. Period.
2.) Whatever it takes to win the game. It's not over until victory formation. Ever heard of Bill Belichick.
3.) I am not calling someone classless do to the argument on this message board. However, there are a lot of posts on here that back up what I have met in person.

3) Feel free to start quoting them. There is a quote function that should make it easy to do.

as for 1) and 2). I think they kind of go hand and hand with the philosophy apparently used in central Illinois. Whatever it takes.

There are plenty. Feel free to scroll through the board and find them. I'm not doing the work for you.
GOREDBIRDS4
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby COUTEAU » January 26th, 2015, 11:50 am

I foresee an :bow: ACE DAD appearance soon, comforting us with the ebb and flow of runs in college basketball and dealing with 18-19-20 year olds. The bias and bewildered opinions of die-hards fans. And, the clouded judgement of critics.
I love it when he shows up. I always feel good about his wisdom and calming effect.
And, I'm being serious not at all trying to be facetious.
COUTEAU
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » January 26th, 2015, 11:55 am

FWIW, UNI lead that game for 20:20 second and it was tied for 5:36
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » January 26th, 2015, 1:04 pm

Wasn't lucky they put themselves in position with battling back into the game. Our players didn't execute/make game winning free throws. Nate Buss made the winning play and knocked down a shot they stole the win on the road which is what good teams do. We should've won but we didn't and get another last second defeat.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 26th, 2015, 1:12 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:Wasn't lucky they put themselves in position with battling back into the game. Our players didn't execute/make game winning free throws. Nate Buss made the winning play and knocked down a shot they stole the win on the road which is what good teams do. We should've won but we didn't and get another last second defeat.

:+1:
At the end of the day, it was a good game between a team on the rise in the league (at least in my mind, the record is not yet there), and a Top 20 team near the top of the league. I do not think it was luck that UNI won the game, nor do I think that ISUr is a bad team because they lost by 1 at home to a great team. It can take a long time for teams to figure out how to close out games like this. UNI seems to have figured it out, which is great for them. A very similar UNI team couldn't do it to save their lives last year.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » January 26th, 2015, 1:22 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:Wasn't lucky they put themselves in position with battling back into the game. Our players didn't execute/make game winning free throws. Nate Buss made the winning play and knocked down a shot they stole the win on the road which is what good teams do. We should've won but we didn't and get another last second defeat.

:+1:
At the end of the day, it was a good game between a team on the rise in the league (at least in my mind, the record is not yet there), and a Top 20 team near the top of the league. I do not think it was luck that UNI won the game, nor do I think that ISUr is a bad team because they lost by 1 at home to a great team. It can take a long time for teams to figure out how to close out games like this. UNI seems to have figured it out, which is great for them. A very similar UNI team couldn't do it to save their lives last year.

UNI loses that game by 20 last season
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball