WSU beats Virginia - What does this mean?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: WSU beats Virginia - What does this mean?

Postby valleychamp » November 26th, 2010, 10:55 am

iSASO wrote:Just trying to find my way on this new site. After several of you told Shocker fans that the Chaminade game was meaningless, even considering their showing against Michigan State, I've come to the realization that fans of other schools know more about my team and their opponents than I do. So, it just makes sense for me to rely on non-WSU fans to provide expert opinions on WSU. After all, you watch every WSU game and get tons of insight from the local beat writer, the play-by-play guy and the columnists as the season goes along so why not? I'm outsourcing all my analysis to the experts on this forum and I'll concentrate on being a stupid, blind fan.

A DII win, is worthless. There is no arguing that fact.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 26th, 2010, 11:18 am

iSASO wrote:Just trying to find my way on this new site. After several of you told Shocker fans that the Chaminade game was meaningless, even considering their showing against Michigan State, I've come to the realization that fans of other schools know more about my team and their opponents than I do. So, it just makes sense for me to rely on non-WSU fans to provide expert opinions on WSU. After all, you watch every WSU game and get tons of insight from the local beat writer, the play-by-play guy and the columnists as the season goes along so why not? I'm outsourcing all my analysis to the experts on this forum and I'll concentrate on being a stupid, blind fan.

Probably a good plan, but I see no reason for you to limit it to opinions about the Shockers. Maybe you should consult us for every major life decision you are considering?

It is sad that you are continuing with the same schtick that you wore out years ago. Using your little philosophy, I assume we can expect that you won't comment on any other MVC teams all year since doing so would run counter to your entire thesis.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » November 26th, 2010, 11:55 am

It means WSU is better than Virginia. Nothing more, nothing less.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby iSASO » November 26th, 2010, 12:22 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:

Probably a good plan, but I see no reason for you to limit it to opinions about the Shockers. Maybe you should consult us for every major life decision you are considering?

It is sad that you are continuing with the same schtick that you wore out years ago. Using your little philosophy, I assume we can expect that you won't comment on any other MVC teams all year since doing so would run counter to your entire thesis.

Yes, I will consult you on everything from here on out since your expertise on my life equals your expertise on the Shockers.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby blueblood » November 26th, 2010, 1:20 pm

Thanks ISASO! Smug smack talk, thats what this board needed! Just like the old board with all of its 5 posters at the end. You keep it up. Don't listen to the posters that want to talk sports, you stick with this smug man deal.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Snapshot9 » November 26th, 2010, 5:53 pm

Wsu made a good comeback, and controlled the game at the end for a good win. I would say that Virginia would finish 4th or 5th in the MVC just for arguments sake. WSU showed some grit and toughness in the game, which I hope is a preview to the future games too.
Snapshot9
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jayball » November 29th, 2010, 8:01 pm

LooKs like VA is going to take down minnesota #13.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Unsmooth Moment » November 29th, 2010, 8:15 pm

jayball wrote:LooKs like VA is going to take down minnesota #13.

Virginia did end up winning, but Minn was missing 2 starters
Unsmooth Moment
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » November 29th, 2010, 10:47 pm

Virginia has been mentioned as a probable 4th or 5th place team in the Valley. Does that mean we think that Bradley or Illinois State could beat a ranked team on the road? Even if it's early and rankings don't mean a lot yet.

I think we might have to move Virginia up to the level of an upper-tier Valley team.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jayball » November 30th, 2010, 9:38 am

Not sure where they would finish in the Valley (probably top 3?), but they definitely got a good win at Minnesota. They were down 10 at half and come back to win by 8. They were hitting shots from all over. Louis Farrakhan's grandson plays for them and scored a boatload.

In general don't we expect mid teir BCS schools to be top 3 in the Valley? That is who we are normally paired up with for at large bids correct.

6-10th in BCS leagues is 1-3 in MVC?
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball