WSU beats Virginia - What does this mean?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby iSASO » November 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm

I saw where the Shockers beat the Cavaliers of the ACC in Maui last night. I had a band gig and didn't get to see it, besides, only non-WSU fans are capable of telling us the value of any given game so have at it. Tell me about the game and what it means.

Thanks.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: WSU beats Virginia - What does this mean?

Postby Snaggletooth » November 25th, 2010, 4:31 pm

iSASO wrote:I saw where the Shockers beat the Cavaliers of the ACC in Maui last night. I had a band gig and didn't get to see it, besides, only non-WSU fans are capable of telling us the value of any given game so have at it. Tell me about the game and what it means.

Thanks.

They probably won't finish 10th.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » November 25th, 2010, 6:55 pm

Where do you think Virginia would finish in the Valley this season?

I really don't need the answer...just thought I'd throw that out there. :)
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Aargh » November 25th, 2010, 11:53 pm

Little Eddie wrote:Where do you think Virginia would finish in the Valley this season?

I really don't need the answer...just thought I'd throw that out there. :)

Considering that half the Valley looks like good D2 schools so far this year, I'd have to go with at least mid-pack.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » November 26th, 2010, 12:07 am

I still think its to early to say if wsu can finish higher than ninth.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » November 26th, 2010, 12:14 am

I guess I need to wait for a Creighton grad to chime in for some authentic wisdom. At least we know their education cost the most so they must have the most wisdom.

How about it? My feeble brain still tells me that WSU is destined for it's traditional 9th place finish, but I need to hear it from one our resident experts.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jayball » November 26th, 2010, 9:17 am

2-1 in Maui is nice for WSU. While beating UCONN would be been spectacular, the Shocks played well and defnitely looked like they can compete with the big boys. An ACC win is nice to have come selection time.

Need to sweep the home patsies, beat LSU or SDSU and dominate the Valley. Should be in good spot for at large consideration if something happened in St Louis.

Just curious, why all the trolling isaso?
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby iSASO » November 26th, 2010, 10:18 am

Just trying to find my way on this new site. After several of you told Shocker fans that the Chaminade game was meaningless, even considering their showing against Michigan State, I've come to the realization that fans of other schools know more about my team and their opponents than I do. So, it just makes sense for me to rely on non-WSU fans to provide expert opinions on WSU. After all, you watch every WSU game and get tons of insight from the local beat writer, the play-by-play guy and the columnists as the season goes along so why not? I'm outsourcing all my analysis to the experts on this forum and I'll concentrate on being a stupid, blind fan.
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jayball » November 26th, 2010, 10:40 am

Where there really that many (or any) people who said Chaminade was worthless?

I guess it is your little game though, so play away.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby blueblood » November 26th, 2010, 10:52 am

ISASO was playing with his instrument and missed a shocker game? I would say that a 2-1 performance in Maui is good start to a wonderful season. There, done and over. By the way, weren't those game over a while back? When do the Maui threads end? Which route is it you want us to take? What is the reaction you are looking for so we can move on? This is so the old mvc board.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball