An Apology From Evansville Fans To the MVC

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Ace Dad » November 27th, 2010, 3:33 pm

To you upper tier teams:

We apologize for not being very good. We should have beat Butler University during regulation and did not. Please keep us in the Valley. We will try to do better.

Now, all you basketball snobs: This is why we play the game.

"One day, far in the future, our Aces are going to look back at this stretch of games and tell their grandchildren that they played a solid Indiana Hoosier team, #23 Butler University, and #25 North Carolina, all within a two week period. By then, they will only remember the thrill of playing in historic arenas and playing against the very best competition in the country............................"
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: An Apology From Evansville Fans To the MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » November 27th, 2010, 3:59 pm

You should be apologizing to Butler not the MVC.

P.S.

This sounds like a thread created for the sole purpose of trolling. That being said... I don't mind getting dirty every once in a while.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby klinky » November 27th, 2010, 4:05 pm

We've taken enough flak over the years. Let us enjoy it!!!
Wishing I was back home again.
klinky
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » November 27th, 2010, 4:05 pm

Again, good win the for the Aces, but let's get real for a minute. First of all, Aces fans, stop with the Barbara Streisand-style dramatic prose about history and legend and fate and grandchildren. You beat the #23 ranked team in the country early in the season on their home floor. Great job. You didn't just win a national championship. Let's face another fact. Evansville played well, probably above expectations. Butler did not play well. Butler may in fact be completely irrelevant in the national perspective this year. Bottom line? Good win for you and this conference. But the more you brag about it and make it sound like you just won the Super Bowl, the more this win is likely to backfire on both. Don't be small-time about it.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 27th, 2010, 4:19 pm

A couple of weeks ago, there were quite a few posters that thought it was acceptable to kick Evansville out of the Valley because they "couldn't compete at this level." After having to put up with that, along with booking the VAlley's most impressive noncon win so far, I think UE fans should be allowed to gloat a bit.

Congrats again Aces.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » November 27th, 2010, 4:21 pm

Well done Aces, great win for your program and the Valley this year.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby AndShock » November 27th, 2010, 4:32 pm

Evansville gets up for their Super Bowls. I think we already learned this last year. Chaminade beat OU. Chaminade played #2 close. They beat #1 as an NAIA school. The Big East should invite them and give them a free pass for the next 50 years.

I'm more than happy to congratulate Evansville on their win and applaud them for helping out the conference. But you all are acting like this is win is something it's not.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » November 27th, 2010, 4:39 pm

Winning at Hinkle is a big deal for any team! Just ask Norman Dale.

I think I heard the WIBC announcer say it was the first time another Indiana team had won there in some time. I don't recall what he said the home winning streak was.

It is a big win no matter how you cut it.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » November 27th, 2010, 4:40 pm

AndShock wrote:Evansville gets up for their Super Bowls. I think we already learned this last year. Chaminade beat OU. Chaminade played #2 close. They beat #1 as an NAIA school. The Big East should invite them and give them a free pass for the next 50 years.

I'm more than happy to congratulate Evansville on their win and applaud them for helping out the conference. But you all are acting like this is win is something it's not.

We heard about Maui tournament for several days after it was over for a win over a DII team and a not so good virigina team. And a close lost to uconn. We just went on the road and beat a nationally ranked team in which we were a 19 point dog. Im pretty sure we have earned the right to gloat
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » November 27th, 2010, 4:44 pm

Chaminade would beat the Butler team that played today.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball