Jays at Northwestern - 7:30 on Big Ten Network

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Jays at Northwestern - 7:30 on Big Ten Network

Postby ihsi » November 28th, 2010, 9:39 pm

AndShock wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen (the MVC.)

Huh?
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AndShock » November 28th, 2010, 9:46 pm

ihsi wrote:
AndShock wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen (the MVC.)

Huh?

Ace fans are crying because Wichita State fans are being too mean to them.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » November 28th, 2010, 9:46 pm

It really is starting to get like VT up in here...no thread can be just about the thread title, it has to turn into a pissing match.

Let me send an apology for Creighton to the rest of the Valley for not playing up to expectations. I can only hope that they make up for it some how so that you can feel good about them being in the Valley again. Until then I guess CU should start looking at other options like joining UNO's conference or maybe the Horizon or MAC leagues...you know, so that they don't embarrass the rest of the league w/ performances like this going forward.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby ihsi » November 28th, 2010, 9:49 pm

Little Eddie wrote:It really is starting to get like VT up in here...no thread can be just about the thread title, it has to turn into a pissing match.

Thank God it's not VT. But you need to get a few of the trolls in check or every thread will turn into one particular fan base against the world.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » November 29th, 2010, 12:54 am

Aces1982 wrote:
ihsi wrote:
MVCfans wrote:Not going to happen. Creighton needs to improve a lot to play with a much better BYU team on Wednesday.

This is the first game in a tough 4 game stretch. I was hoping we'd go at least 2-2, but there is a lot for CU to work on. BYU will bring a top 25 ranking into the Qwest so hopefully they can bounce back.

Good luck against BYU, Fredette is fun to watch.

And don't worry if you happen to win, you will hear Shocker fans say that BYU is overrated or some garbage like that....... after all, Chaminade did play Mich St close.

I can't believe you're still biting on that bait. The thread you pulled that from had already gone into the sewer before I showed up. I decided to throw out a hook and see what fish were in that sewer.

I even explained that was what I did - and you're still biting. There isn't even a worm on that hook any more.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 29th, 2010, 7:55 am

WSUbballer wrote:ihsi, I was going by the Lindy's preseason rankings, a list compiled by a very educated analyst named Matt Perrault.

FWIW, the Lindy's preview is done by Steve Pivovar, not Matt Perrault. Perrault writes a brief little blurb about MVC recruiting only.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby blueblood » November 29th, 2010, 11:08 am

As much as we give each other crap for our arenas and fan bases, Northwestern was terrible. 90% of it was bench seating, student section 1/3 full, and only about 3 or 4 thousand people there and over 1000 were from Creighton. Where did all that Big 10 money go?

If you guys want to beat us just go into a 1-3-1 zone. I say we lose to BYU and unl and win the rest so go into the MVC at 8-4 with no quality wins.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aces1982 » November 29th, 2010, 11:15 am

I saw were the 1-3-1 zone gave you fits. UE had no answer either when a recent team went to that defense. Not for sure what it is about it, but it must be hard to adjust to. The team we played was long and athletic. N'western wasn't that type of players. It must be that teams are not use to seeing that type of defense. In high school, we just ran a simple 2-1-2 offense against it. I understand it isn't high school ball but I would think basic principals would be similar.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Smooth007 » November 29th, 2010, 11:29 am

Tough loss. It always seems that Creighton starts slow and just when they are down, they come up with a big surprising win. Hopefully, BYU will be that win.
Smooth007
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby jayball » November 29th, 2010, 12:37 pm

We definitely didn't look much like a team last night, except for the matching shirts.

At least we can take solace in the fact that NW is known for their intense defense. That makes the 20pt second half easier to stomach. And we got on Sportscenter, so that has to be good right?

Hope they get refocused for Wed. The Mormons are coming. (struggling to hold back any sister wife comments)
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball