Jays at Northwestern - 7:30 on Big Ten Network

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Jays at Northwestern - 7:30 on Big Ten Network

Postby blueblood » November 29th, 2010, 11:08 am

As much as we give each other crap for our arenas and fan bases, Northwestern was terrible. 90% of it was bench seating, student section 1/3 full, and only about 3 or 4 thousand people there and over 1000 were from Creighton. Where did all that Big 10 money go?

If you guys want to beat us just go into a 1-3-1 zone. I say we lose to BYU and unl and win the rest so go into the MVC at 8-4 with no quality wins.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aces1982 » November 29th, 2010, 11:15 am

I saw were the 1-3-1 zone gave you fits. UE had no answer either when a recent team went to that defense. Not for sure what it is about it, but it must be hard to adjust to. The team we played was long and athletic. N'western wasn't that type of players. It must be that teams are not use to seeing that type of defense. In high school, we just ran a simple 2-1-2 offense against it. I understand it isn't high school ball but I would think basic principals would be similar.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Smooth007 » November 29th, 2010, 11:29 am

Tough loss. It always seems that Creighton starts slow and just when they are down, they come up with a big surprising win. Hopefully, BYU will be that win.
Smooth007
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby jayball » November 29th, 2010, 12:37 pm

We definitely didn't look much like a team last night, except for the matching shirts.

At least we can take solace in the fact that NW is known for their intense defense. That makes the 20pt second half easier to stomach. And we got on Sportscenter, so that has to be good right?

Hope they get refocused for Wed. The Mormons are coming. (struggling to hold back any sister wife comments)
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball