Jays at Northwestern - 7:30 on Big Ten Network

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Jays at Northwestern - 7:30 on Big Ten Network

Postby ihsi » November 28th, 2010, 9:25 pm

WSUbballer wrote:Good showing by our 2nd best team against a really, really, really good Northwestern team.

:Yea!:

Not sure who thinks we're the second best team. I think most of us expected some bumps in the road, so we'll just move onto the next game.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » November 28th, 2010, 9:29 pm

ihsi, I was going by the Lindy's preseason rankings, a list compiled by a very educated analyst named Matt Perrault.

I must say, most wouldn't consider Northwestern, Nebraska, and St. Joseph's as that tough of a stretch. Now granted, it's definitely the toughest non-con stretch on your schedule, but those teams don't really scream WOWZA.

CU will bounce back at home against BYU.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » November 28th, 2010, 9:29 pm

ihsi wrote:
MVCfans wrote:Not going to happen. Creighton needs to improve a lot to play with a much better BYU team on Wednesday.

This is the first game in a tough 4 game stretch. I was hoping we'd go at least 2-2, but there is a lot for CU to work on. BYU will bring a top 25 ranking into the Qwest so hopefully they can bounce back.

Good luck against BYU, Fredette is fun to watch.

And don't worry if you happen to win, you will hear Shocker fans say that BYU is overrated or some garbage like that....... after all, Chaminade did play Mich St close.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » November 28th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Aces1982 wrote:
ihsi wrote:
MVCfans wrote:Not going to happen. Creighton needs to improve a lot to play with a much better BYU team on Wednesday.

This is the first game in a tough 4 game stretch. I was hoping we'd go at least 2-2, but there is a lot for CU to work on. BYU will bring a top 25 ranking into the Qwest so hopefully they can bounce back.

And don't worry if you happen to win, you will hear Shocker fans say that BYU is overrated or some garbage like that....... after all, Chaminade did play Mich St close.

Don't worry, we'll put our lockdown defender Korver on Fredette, should be a massacre.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » November 28th, 2010, 9:33 pm

Aces1982 wrote:
ihsi wrote:

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen (the MVC.)
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces44 » November 28th, 2010, 9:38 pm

And don't worry if you happen to win, you will hear Shocker fans say that BYU is overrated or some garbage like that....... after all, Chaminade did play Mich St close.[/quote]

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen (the MVC.)[/quote]

Who do you want in our place - Butler? HA
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ihsi » November 28th, 2010, 9:39 pm

AndShock wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen (the MVC.)

Huh?
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby AndShock » November 28th, 2010, 9:46 pm

ihsi wrote:
AndShock wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen (the MVC.)

Huh?

Ace fans are crying because Wichita State fans are being too mean to them.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » November 28th, 2010, 9:46 pm

It really is starting to get like VT up in here...no thread can be just about the thread title, it has to turn into a pissing match.

Let me send an apology for Creighton to the rest of the Valley for not playing up to expectations. I can only hope that they make up for it some how so that you can feel good about them being in the Valley again. Until then I guess CU should start looking at other options like joining UNO's conference or maybe the Horizon or MAC leagues...you know, so that they don't embarrass the rest of the league w/ performances like this going forward.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby ihsi » November 28th, 2010, 9:49 pm

Little Eddie wrote:It really is starting to get like VT up in here...no thread can be just about the thread title, it has to turn into a pissing match.

Thank God it's not VT. But you need to get a few of the trolls in check or every thread will turn into one particular fan base against the world.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball