MVC starter
MVC starter

Evansville Tops Valley RPI

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Evansville Tops Valley RPI

Postby BirdmanBB » November 29th, 2010, 11:12 am

RPI...ShmaRPI

It looks great on paper, but when the selection committee doesn't use it as a tool for deciding who's in and who's out......who cares.

Ask Missouri State fans what they think about RPI.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » November 29th, 2010, 10:23 pm

Shockers are up to 18th in RPI after their win over the formerly undefeated powerhouse UMKC.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby OkoboJay » November 29th, 2010, 10:34 pm

I think Virginia beating Minnesota also helped WSU's RPI. After the doom-and-gloom just last week, the Valley is holding its own. Here's to a good week ahead.
OkoboJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aargh » November 29th, 2010, 10:42 pm

Per realtimerpi:

Evansville - 40
Illinois State - 253

Hey, Redbirds - you don't stand a chance against the Aces. The RPI has you already getting swept. No need to play the games. Save the travel expense.

I really hope UE can maintain a great RPI going into conference play. In 2006 InSU had a top-10 or so RPI going into conference play (7-0 with W's over Indiana and Butler). Then they proceeded to go 4-14 in the Valley. The entire Valey benefitted from their early success. Let's hope UE can do the same thing this year.

I'm not hoping that UE goes 4-14 in the Valley, but that UE has a great non-con season. I still think IlSU will end up higher in the league staandings than UE.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UE 71 » November 29th, 2010, 11:29 pm

Two years ago after the season we lost our top guard and assist man, Williams, and last year we lost our top rebounder and paint player, Haarsma, to defections and had what I believe was the 5th youngest team in D-I. This team is still very young and is still learning one of the hardest offensive and defensive sets being played and demonstrated against IU and Butler that they have the skills to beat most Valley teams on a given night. Barring injury, I believe they are becoming a force that will have an impact on the conference and will not be overlooked by Valley coaches. Will they challenge for the top, I doubt it, but they should finish in the middle and stir up the standings. They have some fine recruits coming in next year with size and if they develop quickly, we will be knocking on the door. I appreciate the positive posts from others here and hope we can produce teams that Valley supporters will be as proud of as UE supporters are.
UE 71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ace Dad » November 29th, 2010, 11:43 pm

71, UE was the 10th youngest team in D1 last year and your observations are right on.

The greatest leap in play, in my opinion, will be our JUCOs, as they learn the system.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball