#21 BYU at Creighton - Wednesday 7pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: #21 BYU at Creighton - Wednesday 7pm

Postby jaysfan24 » November 29th, 2010, 9:46 pm

You must not have watched last night's game.
Mormons- 85
Catholics- 77
jaysfan24
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Little Eddie » November 30th, 2010, 7:58 am

I'm gonna have to give the Chris Carter "c'mon man" to the phrase "frenzied and hostile"...while it can get loud in the Qwest, I'm not sure I've ever seen it frenzied or hostile.

As for the game, I'm not confident...this team can't have inconsistency in performances which, in my opinion, is the reason for their slow start...and I know they're still learning but it's not as though this team is young. The team needs to play well as a whole on Wed to have a chance.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby LJay » November 30th, 2010, 8:25 am

LE, you must have missed the Kentucky game because that was frenzied and hostile. An occassional conference game could also get that classification, otherwise, not so much.

Having played golf for 40 years, I have come to realize that just because I missed a 3 foot putt on the last hole doen't mean I'm gonna miss this 3 footer. Same with bball. Just because the Jays played like crap in Chicago doesn't mean they'll do the same against the Mormons. I'm hoping for a good game tomorrow.

GO JAYS!
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WuDrWu » November 30th, 2010, 8:56 am

FOY and POY go off and the Jays find some way to at least contain Jimmer and not allow the rest of the Cougars to decide the game.

AY is the best PG on the court. I refuse to believe that one of, if not the best team in the league can't beat a solid but far from invincible team like BYU.

84-79 Jays :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!:
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » November 30th, 2010, 1:10 pm

Creighton by 22.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ictjay » November 30th, 2010, 2:58 pm

WSUbballer wrote:Creighton by 22.

:Bam:
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby LJay » November 30th, 2010, 7:46 pm

WuDrWu wrote:FOY and POY go off and the Jays find some way to at least contain Jimmer and not allow the rest of the Cougars to decide the game.

AY is the best PG on the court. I refuse to believe that one of, if not the best team in the league can't beat a solid but far from invincible team like BYU.

84-79 Jays :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!:

McD, good. KLaw, good. AY, good. Ah yes but you forgot to mention those lovely Jay wing players. :oops:
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ihsi » December 1st, 2010, 8:35 am

I expect a huge crowd for tonight of 17-18k. Weather is cold but not a blizzard like we had for so many games last year. I've heard of a few BYU fans making the trip in from places like KC to see the game also because this is as close as BYU ever comes to play.

This would be a huge win for the Jays but it is going to take a lot to get it. I'll go Jays 67-65.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jays26 » December 1st, 2010, 9:25 am

Will be a great night for BBall in Omaha and the crowd will be into it hopefully from the start. The Jays need to start fast and get a lead otherwise it might be a tough night.

Might try and get there a bit early and partake in a few of the pre-game festivities. :Beer: :Cheers:

(we all know this is the only reason the Jays draw so well) :bs:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ihsi » December 1st, 2010, 10:40 am

Jays26 wrote:Will be a great night for BBall in Omaha and the crowd will be into it hopefully from the start. The Jays need to start fast and get a lead otherwise it might be a tough night.

Might try and get there a bit early and partake in a few of the pre-game festivities. :Beer: :Cheers:

(we all know this is the only reason the Jays draw so well) :bs:

Depending on how many BYU fans are there, the beer lines might be shorter than normal.

:Cheers:
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball