One bid league?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: One bid league?

Postby TBS_20 » February 2nd, 2022, 10:23 am

Right now they're predicting 2 bids for the MVC. Drake as the AQ and at-large for Loyola.
TBS_20
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Majik45 » February 2nd, 2022, 11:18 am

TBS_20 wrote:Right now they're predicting 2 bids for the MVC. Drake as the AQ and at-large for Loyola.

This is the path to a two bid Valley. Have Loyola continue to do well, and then lose at Arch Madness. I think they have Drake as the AQ right now as they are both 7-2, but Drake holds the tiebreaker currently with the win over Loyola last week.

Honestly, that was the formula for the Valley to get 2 bids every year during the "golden" years. The regular season conference champ never won Arch Madness, which created 2 bids.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Red » January 25th, 2024, 3:10 pm

Bump.

Methinks those of you angling for 2 bids are nuts. Someone point me to the quality OOC wins for the Sycs. They played 2 possible NCAA teams and lost to both of them. If they lose to anyone in the Valley, their NET will sink like a rock.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bulldog2323 » January 25th, 2024, 6:29 pm

Last night's loss to Missouri State should be the final nail in the coffin for any at-large bid for Drake, and possibly the Valley.
Bulldog2323
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » January 25th, 2024, 9:25 pm

Bulldog2323 wrote:Last night's loss to Missouri State should be the final nail in the coffin for any at-large bid for Drake, and possibly the Valley.

Drake has as tough a schedule as anybody left too. Bradley and UNI twice and a trip to Terre Haute.

Indiana State lacks a signature win and they just flat aren't going to go 19-1 and get to Sunday.

The league just needs to keep having years like this consistently to have plausible scenarios late into the year.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » February 14th, 2024, 12:12 pm

As I was saying....

Although I admittedly never would have guessed that the Redbirds would be the cause of the downfall for the league.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jturner38 » February 15th, 2024, 3:52 pm

Red wrote:As I was saying....

Although I admittedly never would have guessed that the Redbirds would be the cause of the downfall for the league.

Not sure what you are getting at. At large was on the table before the L. Now probably a very small chance if things go right. One more L and it's most likely off the table completely.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball