One bid league?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: One bid league?

Postby Milanmiracle » December 30th, 2020, 4:08 pm

Red wrote:What can Drake do to help the MVC avoid being a one bid league? Would 16 conference wins be enough for an at large?

Run the table or 1 loss, then lose in the conference championship. That’s about the only way I see the MVC being a two bid league. This isn’t going to be a straight head to head evaluation and the eye test will be a big deal. There are teams right now who haven’t played or have played 1 game due to Covid. It will be almost impossible to evaluate a 25 game schedule vs a 12-14 game schedule. See Ohio State in the college football playoffs.
Milanmiracle
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BCPanther » December 30th, 2020, 4:12 pm

Red wrote:What can Drake do to help the MVC avoid being a one bid league? Would 16 conference wins be enough for an at large?

Nothing. 311th ranked OOC schedule and no great wins.

However, it was going to be near impossible for a mid to get an at large this year anyway with the limited OOC games in general.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » January 12th, 2021, 1:49 pm

Bump.

Latest Bracketology has AAC as a one-bid league and it's not WSU. :Cheers:
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » January 12th, 2021, 2:28 pm

I don't understand what criteria they even use anymore other than team name and conference affiliation. As flawed as the NET can be, Lunardi isn't using that when mediocre Duke and Michigan State teams with bad losses and NET's in the 80's and 90's are safely in.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » January 28th, 2021, 2:35 pm

If Drake runs the table and loses in STL (assuming we have Arch Madness) we would definitely be a two bid league right?
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » January 28th, 2021, 3:09 pm

I would say the only thing definite is that they will use ANY excuse to keep us at one bid. Drake in that scenario would definitely deserve it though. Just don't think we can say what the rules and guidelines are to get an at large in the MVC.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby NuncEstBibendum » January 28th, 2021, 3:20 pm

Red wrote:If Drake runs the table and loses in STL (assuming we have Arch Madness) we would definitely be a two bid league right?

Unless there are some sort of Covid-19 changes, I think that scenario would guarantee an at-large bid.

I don't think they (the selection committee) could justify keeping what would have to be a top 15 NET team out, even though they might like to. I believe 33 is the highest NET ranking not to get a bid.
NuncEstBibendum
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » January 28th, 2021, 3:51 pm

Red wrote:If Drake runs the table and loses in STL (assuming we have Arch Madness) we would definitely be a two bid league right?

I'd like to think so but that 310 SOS is going to loom large as the committee's reason to keep a mid out....
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvfcfan » January 28th, 2021, 5:02 pm

On ESPN's bracketology page, Loyola is listed as being in the "First 4 Out" category. If they can split with Drake that would give them a Q1 win.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bulldog2323 » January 29th, 2021, 8:37 pm

Bulldog2323
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball