Sycamore Schedule - Nearly Complete

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Sycamore Schedule - Nearly Complete

Postby WSUbballer » September 7th, 2010, 11:38 am

Nailed it. Now, I can understand KU with their level wanting a 2 for 1 or something more out of it, but Kansas State should be on level terms. We already know KU's stance already turning down a one-and-doner on national tv at home in 07..

The problem lies with teams with more than 2 or 3 Division I institutions. With Kansas or Nebraska, you can easily fulfill the taxpayer's wants. Go to Illinois or North Carolina and then people get left out.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoValley John » September 7th, 2010, 11:53 am

Just one more point, it is much easier for a team like Evansville or Indiana State to take a one and done, instate or otherwise, simply because of attendance. Based on recent attendance history, a payday buy game nets more money for the Sycamores than a home and home with a mid power. With Wichita State and Creighton, both teams pack in 10,000+ fans and it is a better deal financially to do home and homes or to simply buy an opponent. It really isn't fair to look at what Indiana State does and think Wichita State should be following suit. And contrary to the pressure from St Louis, Indiana State shouldn't be held to the same standards in scheduling as Wichita State or Creighton.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » September 7th, 2010, 2:22 pm

MoValley John wrote:Just one more point, it is much easier for a team like Evansville or Indiana State to take a one and done, instate or otherwise, simply because of attendance. Based on recent attendance history, a payday buy game nets more money for the Sycamores than a home and home with a mid power. With Wichita State and Creighton, both teams pack in 10,000+ fans and it is a better deal financially to do home and homes or to simply buy an opponent. It really isn't fair to look at what Indiana State does and think Wichita State should be following suit. And contrary to the pressure from St Louis, Indiana State shouldn't be held to the same standards in scheduling as Wichita State or Creighton.

I like this explanation MVJ...I hope you don't mind if I steal it and post it over on the Sycamore board.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MoValley John » September 7th, 2010, 5:21 pm

Little Eddie wrote:
MoValley John wrote:Just one more point, it is much easier for a team like Evansville or Indiana State to take a one and done, instate or otherwise, simply because of attendance. Based on recent attendance history, a payday buy game nets more money for the Sycamores than a home and home with a mid power. With Wichita State and Creighton, both teams pack in 10,000+ fans and it is a better deal financially to do home and homes or to simply buy an opponent. It really isn't fair to look at what Indiana State does and think Wichita State should be following suit. And contrary to the pressure from St Louis, Indiana State shouldn't be held to the same standards in scheduling as Wichita State or Creighton.

I like this explanation MVJ...I hope you don't mind if I steal it and post it over on the Sycamore board.

You know that I'm a BIG proponent of plagiarism. If it were me, I would have posted it already and never asked for permission.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » September 7th, 2010, 6:01 pm

:lol:
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball