Sycamore Schedule - Nearly Complete

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby SycamoreFanatic » August 11th, 2010, 5:04 pm

http://www.gosycamores.com/SportSelect. ... PSID=65150

The 3-games in Chicago are Loyola, Eastern Kentucky & Texas-Pan American.

Still need one more game (hopefully home game) and one more exhibition game.

Obviously, Purdue @ Conseco/Indy is the premier game on the schedule.
SycamoreFanatic
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Sycamore Schedule - Nearly Complete

Postby MoValley John » September 5th, 2010, 10:51 pm

PricklyPete wrote:Interesting article on Indiana State scheduling a buy game at Notre Dame rather than starting a home-home with Rhode Island. The author opines that more MVC schools should follow suit:

http://tribstar.com/sports/x797274436/F ... to-play-ND

Just a couple of corrections. The author was incorrect in why the Iowa schools play, there is no law in Iowa requiring the schools to schedule each other. Also, Southern Illinois is scheduling to play Illinois. I could see a beat writer lazily reporting the Iowa Legislature myth, but he should know that the SIU- Illini game is in the can. There are a few more problems with his piece, but I'll leave it with those two.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » September 6th, 2010, 2:47 pm

It took guts to make this decision. Good for Lansing for having the gumption to pull it off.

This was not about guts. It was about the administration wanting $$$ at the expense of their fans of having a quality home game.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » September 6th, 2010, 5:23 pm

I'm not speaking for all WSU fans, but I'd much rather have a home and home with a good mid-major than a buy game at Notre Dame. Any time we can get a NCAA caliber team at home, we better take it.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » September 6th, 2010, 8:10 pm

I think K-State and Notre Dame would actually be a better comparison. And I'd still take the home and home.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » September 6th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Truthfully I'm not for a one and done with either in-state school. That would be playing right into their hand. I WOULD be willing to see a one and done with other "elite" powers now and then. Maybe it's a pride thing, but I wouldn't be willing to see it done with KU or K-State. I would rather see a home & home with a competitive mid-major.

I'm not saying that Indiana St fans should be pissed they are playing a buy game at Notre Dame. In fact, good for them. I can only speak on how I would feel if it was WSU vs either K-State or KU.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » September 7th, 2010, 6:34 am

I agree with my fellow Shockers. I will be pissed if we ever accept a one and done with KU or KSU. KU has already turned down that offer a few years back anyway. I'd take the home and home over one game at either of the other KS schools.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » September 7th, 2010, 8:23 am

I think it has to do with pride. Wichita State wants to be treated fairly by their fellow instate institutions and not be the whipping boy or the oddball stepchild. A buy game from KU or KSU would further propagate that perception. If the state is subsidizing all three schools, why should Wichita State get cheated on the opportunity to have a good game in their gym? fans of Wichita State are paying taxes that not only support Wichita State, but KU and KSU as well - play home and homes.

I think it is a realistic objection, and much different than taking a buy game from Syracuse.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » September 7th, 2010, 8:52 am

I tend to agree with MVJ. It has to do with in-state pride. I do think we need to be careful with taking one and dones like our Syracuse game this year. If we make it a regular practice, Iowa State and Iowa are going to want those same terms.

I think a one and done is fine if it is against an elite team, provides national exposure, and is the exception rather than the rule.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby bigdawg » September 7th, 2010, 9:01 am

unipanther99 wrote:I tend to agree with MVJ. It has to do with in-state pride. I do think we need to be careful with taking one and dones like our Syracuse game this year. If we make it a regular practice, Iowa State and Iowa are going to want those same terms.

I think a one and done is fine if it is against an elite team, provides national exposure, and is the exception rather than the rule.

UNI should demand Iowa and Iowa State play in Cedar Falls without return games. They only hurt UNIs strength of schedule.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball