MVC Coaches on the Hot Seat

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Coaches on the Hot Seat

Postby squirrel » February 25th, 2016, 11:03 am

Us Bradley folk are just totally envious of any player with any sort of offensive ability at this point.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ShockValue » March 7th, 2016, 6:46 pm

After the debacle that was this overall MVC season I am really worried that both Louisville and Okie St are going to go after Marshall. And if he leaves can we really blame him? Next year is a rebuild and the Valley could be even worse.
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Redhawk » March 8th, 2016, 9:11 am

ShockValue wrote:After the debacle that was this overall MVC season I am really worried that both Louisville and Okie St are going to go after Marshall. And if he leaves can we really blame him? Next year is a rebuild and the Valley could be even worse.

I doubt Okie St would be worth leaving the Shockers. That's a mid level team in the toughest conference in the country.

If Louisville came calling though...there's almost no way he could turn that down.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ShoxINDST » March 8th, 2016, 9:54 am

Lansing is under pressure. ISUb is spiraling down
ShoxINDST
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Stickboy46 » March 8th, 2016, 10:17 am

Redhawk wrote:
ShockValue wrote:After the debacle that was this overall MVC season I am really worried that both Louisville and Okie St are going to go after Marshall. And if he leaves can we really blame him? Next year is a rebuild and the Valley could be even worse.

I doubt Okie St would be worth leaving the Shockers. That's a mid level team in the toughest conference in the country.

If Louisville came calling though...there's almost no way he could turn that down.

You don't think the shadow of the crap that happened there would keep him away?

Also, I don't think its as much of a rebuild next year (for WSU) as people think. The games we lost when healthy ... are games that Fred and Ron really tried to do WAY too much and didn't get others involved when they weren't hitting.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » March 8th, 2016, 10:39 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
Redhawk wrote:

You don't think the shadow of the crap that happened there would keep him away?

Also, I don't think its as much of a rebuild next year (for WSU) as people think. The games we lost when healthy ... are games that Fred and Ron really tried to do WAY too much and didn't get others involved when they weren't hitting.

NCAA Sanctions at Louisville might keep him away....but also might lead to a longer contract for more money (like Crean at IU) so he had enough time to weather the storm.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » March 8th, 2016, 10:47 am

Louisville has more money than WSU could dream of for that program. They self imposed a ban and likely will get a slap on the wrist from the NCAA. That team is loaded with talent for next year, especially if Chinanu Onuaku returns to school. If he does that's a preseason top 10 team.

I'd have to believe Pitino will be back though. I've got family in the Louisville area. They went to Louisville. Big time boosters to the university. Season tickets to FB, BB, VB, baseball and WBB. They've given no indication Pitino won't be back.

Because of them I'm a Lousiville fan - I don't know that I could handle Greggggg being the HC there... :buddies:
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbird Recon » March 9th, 2016, 3:38 pm

Muller has 4 more years on his contract. He got an extension after last season's late season success.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » March 9th, 2016, 3:44 pm

How does Marty schedule next year for the OOC?

What kind of pressure will he fact should next season be a PIG team?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UE-grad » March 9th, 2016, 4:10 pm

uniftw wrote:How does Marty schedule next year for the OOC?

What kind of pressure will he fact should next season be a PIG team?

If things continue as per normal, Marty is probably banking on getting the SWAC auto invite to the NIT for winning the regular season.

At this time the only games I know about are at the (most likely crappy) Music City MTE.
I'm sure that Belmont (A) & Murry St (H) will probably be there.
UE-grad
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball