All-MVC Picks

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: All-MVC Picks

Postby tribecalledquest » March 8th, 2016, 11:32 am

uniftw wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:
uniftw wrote:This weekend further proves UNI fans point about it being a travishamockery Wes wasn't first team

No. It doesn't prove that. It proved that Wes had a great three game run and he was rewarded as such with the Tournament MOP award.

In MVC play Wes averaged over 15 PPG and 5 APG. In the MVC Tournament? 16 PPG and 5 APG.

Gee, sounds exactly like the regular season.

Which player on the First Team made it a travesty that they were on it as opposed to Wes?

it's a five person team. To put one on, another has to come off.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » March 8th, 2016, 11:37 am

Redhawk wrote:
uniftw wrote:
Early look next year from me is

1. WSU
2. UNI/ISUr
3.UNI/ISUr
4. Missouri State
5. SIU
6. ISUb
7. Bradley
8. UE
9. Loyola
10. Drake

My confidence level after the fist 3 is low.

I can't give a appropriate outlook on ISUr until we see who stays (because someone always leaves under Muller) and who he brings in. Indications are the Birds are hot after JC products out of Florida. They have offered a 6'-3" athletic SG formally at Clemson as well as a 6'-6" Wing player. They definitely need more High BBIQ players but that would take almost a total roster overhaul. If we get a strong JUCO class then the top 3 should be feasible again if everyone else remains.

Agreed, and thought about adding that in regards to the Redbirds. They will certainly have more raw talent than most in the league, no matter what turnover happens. That alone will win them 6 or 7 games in this league. Then all they need is 5 games for things to fall their way/have a night nothing goes wrong and they are top 2/3. That's not out of the realm of likely for that team.

The issue is keeping the losses due to IQ down. I figure that will cost ISUr at least 2 conference games. If they keep that number to 3 or fewer they are in real good shape.

UNI is almost never the "most athletic" team on the court. They just happen to be the "smartest" and best coach almost every single time out.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » March 8th, 2016, 11:52 am

tribecalledquest wrote:[

Which player on the First Team made it a travesty that they were on it as opposed to Wes?

Travesty? None.
If I was replacing one? Beane.

Precedent has been set to take 6, and I'd argue that was a year that had a weaker case for 6 than this year.

Essentially Wes was punished because he plays the same position as FVV.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 8th, 2016, 12:10 pm

uniftw wrote:

Travesty? None.

Precedent has been set to take 6, and I'd argue that was a year that had a weaker case for 6 than this year.

Agreed uniftw - this was a topic of discussion when I mentioned Wes potentially replacing Baker on first team (before he had a great finish to his season) and got killed for it by the WSU gallery.

Then said we should take 6 players again. At the end of the day, I don't think Wes gives two s**** now, as it motivated him and his team with a guaranteed NCAA tourney.
Something the WSU "dominant" focused fans can not say at this time.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » March 8th, 2016, 12:49 pm

uniftw wrote:

Travesty? None.

Did they take six or was there a tie for fifth which produced a sixth player on the first team?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » March 8th, 2016, 1:51 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
uniftw wrote:

Travesty? None.

Did they take six or was there a tie for fifth which produced a sixth player on the first team?

Answered my own question...there was a tie for fifth that is why there are six on the team.

http://www.mvc-sports.com/mbasketball/n ... t8s5kBRJrR
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » March 8th, 2016, 2:02 pm

Right. There never was a six team First Team. Only in case of a tie in voting.

Wes wasn't "punished" for this. He still made second team.

I don't want the First Team expanded to six guys...or eight...or ten. It's elite company. A lot of good players over the years have been named to the Second Team. It's not like that is some kind of insult.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball