All-MVC Picks

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: All-MVC Picks

Postby SubGod22 » March 4th, 2016, 1:15 pm

Redhawk wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:I was surprised that Shaq wasn't on the Most Improved team.

That is interesting since he didn't really improve all that much.
For the Shockers Zach Brown probably would have deserved it more than Shaq.

That's interesting, considering Shaq is easily the most improved player on the roster.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redhawk » March 4th, 2016, 1:38 pm

SubGod22 wrote:
Redhawk wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:I was surprised that Shaq wasn't on the Most Improved team.

That is interesting since he didn't really improve all that much.
For the Shockers Zach Brown probably would have deserved it more than Shaq.

That's interesting, considering Shaq is easily the most improved player on the roster.

I guess it's not shown by the numbers then because he only scored 2 more points a game and added 1 more rebound.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » March 4th, 2016, 2:37 pm

Redhawk wrote:I guess it's not shown by the numbers then because he only scored 2 more points a game and added 1 more rebound.

Are you one of those people who thinks stats are everything? That's too bad.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » March 4th, 2016, 3:07 pm

SubGod22 wrote:
Redhawk wrote:I guess it's not shown by the numbers then because he only scored 2 more points a game and added 1 more rebound.

Also going off what I have seen while watching Shocker games. In my opinion Brown is
your most improved player. That's not a knock on Morris...I think he could be a really
good player if he could stay out of foul trouble.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LanceShock » March 4th, 2016, 3:16 pm

Redhawk wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:

Also going off what I have seen while watching Shocker games. In my opinion Brown is
your most improved player. That's not a knock on Morris...I think he could be a really

Actually, Shaq has been doing a lot better of playing great defense without fouling lately.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » March 4th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Redhawk wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:

You know, Morris and Brown both put together a good resume for most improved team; however, I thought the selections made were excellent choices.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sivert » March 6th, 2016, 9:42 am

Not much was said about Wes's injury in Hawaii and illness during our bad losses. If we had two point guards (like last year) or more than 8 eligible players, Wes probably would have sat out many of those losses. Then his

Even so, his defensive impact on great players like Ballentine, Bean, and FVV should have been obvious. Not putting him on the first team was just ignorant voting. I think he proved that last night.
Go Panthers!!
sivert
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » March 6th, 2016, 10:28 am

SubGod22 wrote:

I'm a big fan of this Shocker team and individual players. And I've seen most of their games. But I'm not a Shaq fan at all. He has loads of physical talent but.....things just don't add up. He's frequently in Marshall's doghouse, he fouls too much, he frequently sulks, poor conditioning to start the year, etc, etc.

When I've watched him in person his body language just seems all wrong. Hopefully he gets it together and becomes a force for you guys.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » March 6th, 2016, 10:34 am

Not that UNI has an extremely long and illustrious basketball tradition outside of the last 15 years, but Wes will go down in the Top 10 for shots blocked in program history after only 3 seasons. Even with his flat top I don't think he's 6'. The guy is an animal and we were extremely fortunate that Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee couldn't make things work.

Beane is a great player and I don't think you can really put too much blame for the voters selecting the team leader and star of an SIU team that exceeded expectations. Hindsight is 20/20 given how well Wes has performed this weekend on both sides of the ball. When you look at the MVC season as a whole, that injury in January hurt his chances both from an individual and team standpoint, but in the end it's just an award. I don't think Wes will be too upset about it if he gets to cut down the nets for a 2nd straight year
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sivert » March 6th, 2016, 11:41 am

PantherΣΕ, you're right about Wes not being upset. Last year he came off the bench so Deon could start, though Wes was better, IMHO.
And while I agree that Beane is a great player, and that some of Wes's contributions are hard to quantify, coaches and sports writers ought to be able to figure it out. I mean name another player who can defend a quick point guard and when forced to switch, can block a shot on a quality forward.
Go Panthers!!
sivert
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball