All-MVC Picks

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: All-MVC Picks

Postby SHOXMVC » March 6th, 2016, 1:46 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:
SHOXMVC wrote:
sivert wrote:PantherΣΕ, you're right about Wes not being upset. Last year he came off the bench so Deon could start, though Wes was better, IMHO.
And while I agree that Beane is a great player, and that some of Wes's contributions are hard to quantify, coaches and sports writers ought to be able to figure it out. I mean name another player who can defend a quick point guard and when forced to switch, can block a shot on a quality forward.

Ron Baker. He, like Wes, has done it several times.

Which probably only furthers the point, huh?

About Wes not being upset?
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PantherSigEp » March 6th, 2016, 2:19 pm

SHOXMVC wrote:
SHOXMVC wrote:
sivert wrote:PantherΣΕ, you're right about Wes not being upset. Last year he came off the bench so Deon could start, though Wes was better, IMHO.
And while I agree that Beane is a great player, and that some of Wes's contributions are hard to quantify, coaches and sports writers ought to be able to figure it out. I mean name another player who can defend a quick point guard and when forced to switch, can block a shot on a quality forward.

Ron Baker. He, like Wes, has done it several times.

About Wes not being upset?

No, about him not making 1st team in the first place. Baker is likely the only one in the conference. And he's pretty much the unanimous pick for best defensive guard in the Valley.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SHOXMVC » March 6th, 2016, 2:29 pm

There is no guard in the Valley playing at Wes's level. He is almost impossible to guard. And fun to watch.
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » March 6th, 2016, 3:56 pm

This weekend further proves UNI fans point about it being a travishamockery Wes wasn't first team
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » March 6th, 2016, 8:34 pm

Wes just led his team over the three teams that had the five all-conference players ranked ahead of him. He probably should have been 1st team as a 6th player like they had last year, but I'm sure he's happier with Tournament MOP and a Dance ticket.

One thing's for sure, the Valley loses a lot of very good seniors this year. All-Conference teams should be wide open next year.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShoxINDST » March 6th, 2016, 10:10 pm

I think it was probably really hard for the committee to pick the all- con teams. For a down conference this year there were so many good individual players. It's crazy how much talent the conference is losing. I'm not a MSU fan but dang Boone was one heck of a player. I know he got hot late but he was tearing it up there at the end.
ShoxINDST
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby tribecalledquest » March 7th, 2016, 10:35 pm

uniftw wrote:This weekend further proves UNI fans point about it being a travishamockery Wes wasn't first team

No. It doesn't prove that. It proved that Wes had a great three game run and he was rewarded as such with the Tournament MOP award.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » March 8th, 2016, 7:00 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
uniftw wrote:This weekend further proves UNI fans point about it being a travishamockery Wes wasn't first team

No. It doesn't prove that. It proved that Wes had a great three game run and he was rewarded as such with the Tournament MOP award.

Apparently you weren't watching Wes play this year because that 3 game run was exactly the same as the 31 other games he played during the year. I am not sure any UNI fans are saying someone should be taken off first team, but there is precedence for having 6 people on first team. Wes was just as deserving as anyone else on that team.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » March 8th, 2016, 7:02 am

tribecalledquest wrote:

In MVC play Wes averaged over 15 PPG and 5 APG. In the MVC Tournament? 16 PPG and 5 APG.

Gee, sounds exactly like the regular season.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » March 8th, 2016, 7:40 am

Wes was clearly the heart and soul of UNI this year, and hands down their best player. Question for UNI fans: what's the plan for next year? will Jacobsen have a similar offense where he isolates one guy and lets him play one on one? If so, who takes over Washpun's role? Are you all concerned about next year's team or do you think you can improve over this year?
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball