LUSK TO BE RETAINED @ MSU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby BEARZ77 » March 6th, 2016, 9:28 am

Tweeted by the AD yesterday. Not really shocking given the financial predicament that Moates created with the buyout guarantee he gave two years ago. Hard to feel too good as a Bear's fan other than it does appear to set up the most talented roster we've had since Martins MVC Champs, as speculation was with the current young roster and current commits administration did not want to have to start rebuilding again by losing players if they canned the coach. A little ironic in that one of Lusk's down falls in addition to being a terrible in game coach has been retaining talent.

With talent like Church,Kendrix,Dixon, Miller, and Kreklow returning, the possibility of Ruder getting back and being added to a pair of juco 6'7 forwards and 6'5 top 100 pg Greg "Boogie" Williams, and supposedly we have another top level scoring juco combo guard in the mix if Lusk was retained, it should be at least interesting. Clearly he has to produce next year and as evidenced by the juco flurry, he seems to recognize such.

A lot of moving parts to assimilate, which has never been a Lusk strength as he is too impatient and indecisive with his lineups in the past when he had more options. We should look good coming on court, from there who knows.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: LUSK TO BE RETAINED @ MSU

Postby isumvc1 » March 6th, 2016, 10:48 am

I don't think MSU will be playing on Thursday in 2017
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » March 6th, 2016, 10:53 am

I don't think we'll be playing on Thursday either. But the point is that with that group of returning and incoming players we should be competing for the Valley title. But I'll bet we won't be.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShoxINDST » March 6th, 2016, 10:22 pm

I think you guys will be probably top 3. ISUb is kinda in the same situation. Good incoming talent but we collapsed the past couple years. I don't know what the problem is. We can be sitting Tied for 2nd or 3rd then fall down the conference at a flip of a coin.
ShoxINDST
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Muller Has 4 Years Remaining

Postby Redhawk » March 7th, 2016, 8:28 am

It wasn't announced last year but came out over the weekend....

[b]Last spring, with two years remaining on the five-year deal Muller signed in 2012, ISU gave him a three-year extension, boosting it back to five years prior to this season.
[/b]

So looks like DM has a lot more time to build his program at ISUr. Better improve player retention if he wants to succeed!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Muller Has 4 Years Remaining

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 7th, 2016, 11:10 am

Redhawk wrote:It wasn't announced last year but came out over the weekend....

[b]Last spring, with two years remaining on the five-year deal Muller signed in 2012, ISU gave him a three-year extension, boosting it back to five years prior to this season.
[/b]

So looks like DM has a lot more time to build his program at ISUr. Better improve player retention if he wants to succeed!

On Muller - He needs player retention and not just athletes....need UNI type players mixed with our athletes.
Muller's offense was absolute s*** in STL. In comparison, I loved how Jacobsen changed his offense to match his best players from last year to this year. He wanted to exploit his best players abilities (last year Tuttle and this year Washpun) and was able to do so. Muller looks lost and his team was very poor against a very bad team...I'm not excited for that extension as it stands as a Redbird fan.

On Lusk - He is building a couple of great recruiting classes in a row. Let's see if he actually can coach them or not. Give that roster to Jacobsen and you have a very promising future (ditto could be said for ISUr).
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball