Wichita State - in or out?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby GrandpaBear » March 7th, 2016, 11:36 am

The most polarizing bubble team in NCAA history.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on- ... in-history
GrandpaBear
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Wichita State - in or out?

Postby shocktheheart » March 7th, 2016, 11:39 am

In as of now. I believe they end up in Dayton for the First Four
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShoxINDST » March 7th, 2016, 11:46 am

I say they are in as well. If they are in Dayton I'm going to try to go. Sucks I live in Indiana. Hard to make it to Koch arena
ShoxINDST
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 7th, 2016, 12:43 pm

I hope they're in. I really do. I want to see these seniors play one last time on the national stage.

However, I think they're out. The number speak for themselves, and this past weekend didn't help the "eye test".

Current RPI - 48
Current SOS - 105

Taking the losses out of the resume when FVV are out will help, but then they can't be used in arguments for "we would have beaten these teams if he were here". Can't use it both ways there. The problem with the FVV argument is watching this past weekend when he WAS on the court. Struggled against Loyola, and losing to Northern Iowa (a team with a 70 RPI) means with FVV against USC and Alabama (teams with RPIs of 45 and 76) may or may not have mattered. Can't chalk those up as "wins" anymore with a healthy Shocker squad. Meaning the injury isn't as valuable in the argument.

Winning the Valley by 4 games doesn't matter when the Valley is viewed as a 1 bid conference out of the gate due to conference RPI.

There's so much going against them this year, that I doubt they'll be in.

But again, I hope they are. :Cheers:
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » March 7th, 2016, 1:30 pm

They're in safely. The Shockers have earned enough respect from the Committee over the last few years that they could afford to slip up in St. Louis. They do have some solid computer numbers (e.g., KenPom) the Committee can rely on to put them in the field.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby GrandpaBear » March 7th, 2016, 1:40 pm

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:They're in safely. The Shockers have earned enough respect from the Committee over the last few years that they could afford to slip up in St. Louis. They do have some solid computer numbers (e.g., KenPom) the Committee can rely on to put them in the field.

Previous years mean NOTHING. The committee has been quite clear stating that.
GrandpaBear
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » March 7th, 2016, 2:11 pm

GrandpaBear wrote:Previous years mean NOTHING. The committee has been quite clear stating that.

The Committee puts in the teams it wants to put in, period. If there's one thing that's been consistent from year to year, it's that the Committee's criteria is a moving target. I believe the Committee wants to include Wichita State, so they will.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby goramblers2011 » March 7th, 2016, 2:26 pm

I want them in. But I just don't think they have a tournament-worthy resume. The quality wins just aren't there especially when compared to some other bubble teams. They do have the KenPom ranking though which has supposedly been increasing in importance in recent years with the committee.

It will be interesting to see what they decide to do.
goramblers2011
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Trapped in CA » March 7th, 2016, 2:34 pm

If I had to bet money, I would end up with being left out. Though I hope it is not the case.
Trapped in CA
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby musiccitybulldog » March 7th, 2016, 5:57 pm

I'm making a superfecta type guess here. I am predicting the Shockers will play Iowa, Dayton, Purdue or California and win by 25-30 points. Then they will play stiffer competition next and win by 5.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball