Wichita State - in or out?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State - in or out?

Postby WSUShox88 » March 11th, 2016, 10:51 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:
WSUShox88 wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:Why do you always need to argue my friend. Why not a friendly discussion with someone with differing viewpoints? I guess that's not your style.

lol, you're complaining about friendly discussion, after a comment you made unprovoked about a team's "choke", which it wasn't even close to that. That's rich. If WSU "choked" to UNI in the semis, I'd really like to know what Illinois State did against Indiana State in the quarters. Would that be a strangulation?

Jerry Palm is moving WSU closer to the in line as we speak. He's back pedaling fast.

For all of the people that think WSU is out, I'd just like a list of the better 36 candidates. That's all. Go for it.

He's back ladies and gentlemen! And not a moment too soon!!! I missed you my friend!!!

Regarding the choke situation. ISU had to win the whole tourney this year to get in. No at large chance... Not our year. Not a choke job.

However Wichita had an at large wrapped up as long as they didn't fall all over themselves last weekend... And then Loyola happened. And Northern Iowa. That's the definition of a choke job but I wouldn't expect you to recognize it since it happens often to you guys in St. Louis. And this was when everyone was watching. It's exactly why we have the Valley Tourney the weekend before the big boys. So people will watch. You left the worst possible taste in everyone's mouth on the weekend it absolutely couldn't happen.

That being said I absolutely hope you're in and will be rooting for you guys when your name is called, as I expect it to be. But you're so anti-ISU that you don't realize everyone on this board is pulling for you. I've got an auction on Monday that I hope to be able to snag the Shockers in for decent value because I think you can win a couple.

A different screen name doesn't mean a different personality. You're still you. But I missed you the past few days!!! :Cheers: :Cheers:

3 seed losing to a 6 seed who was tanking the end of the year, in the quarter = non-choke
1 seed losing to a 4 seed who has won 11 of its last 12 games, in the semis = choke

Got it. With logic like that, I can see why you generate so many arguments.

By the way, how many times has Illinois State won in St. Louis? Better put the brakes on the St. Louis choke smack bubs.

WSU will be in the field. You can ignore everybody else and focus on WSU all you want. You have an agenda. We get it. Since you're a very logical person, go ahead and name me 36 better candidates. We'll wait.

And good luck in Vegas. Is that going to be on TV? Should be good exposure.
WSUShox88
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Red » March 11th, 2016, 10:57 am

Good for the MVC but I just don't get it. If the jerseys said Drake or Valpo, would they be a lock with that resume?
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » March 11th, 2016, 11:09 am

Red wrote:

Good for the MVC but I just don't get it. If the jerseys said Drake or Valpo, would they be a lock with that resume?

You are correct that Drake or Valpo would not be in with that resume...but WSU is in for sure.
The committee caters to "brand name" programs and the Shockers have earned their status based upon
how they have performed the last 4 years.

I am glad they are in and will be cheering for them!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 11th, 2016, 11:11 am

Play Angry wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:I just don't think this is a good year for them. Their resume isn't worthy.

Let me put it to you this way. If you're sitting at home on Selection Sunday and a team with Wichita State's resume gets put in ahead of yours... are you upset? Of course so. If Wichita gets added to this field, the biggest snubs that didn't make it will be compared in a graphic with Wichita and it'll be clear who should have been in the dance.

Redbirdgrad wrote:As it currently sits, Utah is all Wichita has going for it. In my opinion that's not enough.

Redbirdgrad wrote:will be rooting for you guys when your name is called, as I expect it to be.

Jerry Palm, is that you?

I personally think the resume is terrible. I don't think it's worthy of an at-large bid. However I do believe that Wichita gets in based on name recognition.

AGAIN, I HOPE YOU DO, I just don't think it's deserved this year... that's all. It's really not that hard of a concept.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » March 11th, 2016, 11:16 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:
I personally think the resume is terrible.

Terrible...that's pretty strong. I wish ISUr had that kind of resume!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UEACES80 » March 11th, 2016, 11:18 am

I think WIchita State is in based on name recognition / star power with Baker and FVV. I can see them making a run to the second weekend as well.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 11th, 2016, 11:28 am

WSUShox88 wrote:
3 seed losing to a 6 seed who was tanking the end of the year, in the quarter = non-choke
1 seed losing to a 4 seed who has won 11 of its last 12 games, in the semis = choke

Got it. With logic like that, I can see why you generate so many arguments.

I guess your definition of choke is different than mine. I can agree to disagree on this point since you're so friendly about it.

ISU had nothing on the line. We had to win out and while we had an outside shot, we had lost 2 of the last 3 games and weren't really setting the world on fire entering the MVC Tourney. We played terribly, no getting around that. But to choke you have to actually have something on the line. I'm not sure many people outside of Normal were picking the Birds to win the tourney. Thus, not a choke job. We just played like crap and got beat.

Wichita had everything on the line this weekend. That's why you're sweating it out now and having to try and find reasons you'll be in the dance. If you hadn't have lost on Saturday, this thread doesn't even exist. Thus, you choked. It happened. PIck yourself up and get over it.

WSUShox88 wrote:By the way, how many times has Illinois State won in St. Louis? Better put the brakes on the St. Louis choke smack bubs.

WHAT?!? ISU's record in St. Louis has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. Your logical fallacies keep adding up which is ironic for someone who just said "with logic like that, I can see why you generate so many arguments".

The discussion is on Wichita State's worthiness of being in the field THIS YEAR. Nothing to do with ISU or the history of either school. It's this year's team that's on the fence. Don't deflect because your argument is weak.

WSUShox88 wrote:WSU will be in the field.

Good, we agree.

WSUShox88 wrote:You can ignore everybody else and focus on WSU all you want.

Look at the thread title... that's kinda what we're doing here. Welcome to the discussion for the first time.

WSUShox88 wrote:You have an agenda. We get it.

Yes, I do have an agenda...
My agenda is to clearly state that I hope you're in the dance, I've never waivered on that position. You're a Valley team and what's good for you is good for us in the postseason... rivalries aside.
My agenda also is to discuss why I think this is a wrong decision, which is, again, what we're doing in this thread.

Good to see my agenda clearly laid out for you, and I apologize that my agenda is so upsetting to you.

WSUShox88 wrote:Since you're a very logical person, go ahead and name me 36 better candidates. We'll wait.

I guess you don't understand the definition of logic here, but I'll bite on this soon. My analysis of this topic is that Wichita's resume is not at-large worthy. But what might be happening here is that even though it's not typically at-large worthy, that the field is so watered down by the time you get to 33, 34, 35, etc. that a team with Wichita's resume is included just because there aren't enough good resume's to put in the field. Not sure, I haven't analyzed that far. Looking at the resume, it doesn't scream "worthy of an invite" to me. That's all.

WSUShox88 wrote:And good luck in Vegas. Is that going to be on TV? Should be good exposure.

You're unreal man, you really are. This right here is why nobody can take you seriously. In a thread about Wichita State's worthiness of an at-large bid you have to resort to taking a shot at ISU's postseason. You're pathetic.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 11th, 2016, 11:32 am

Redhawk wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:

That's fair. My apologies for word choice.

Not terrible... just not at-large worthy if team names are removed.

I honestly feel like they're in, but that's because team names are not removed. Wichita's name carries clout right now, and that's deserved.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » March 11th, 2016, 11:37 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Redhawk wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:

That's fair. My apologies for word choice.

Not terrible... just not at-large worthy if team names are removed.

I honestly feel like they're in, but that's because team names are not removed. Wichita's name carries clout right now, and that's deserved.

Totally agree with you on the name recognition factor as well as the notoriety of FVV and Baker.
That's why the Shockers are in....and I'm okay with that. After all it's really more about money and entertainment than RPI numbers!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 11th, 2016, 11:42 am

ShockerFever is what he is guys (a Redbird hater extremist), just don't address him and move on.

He either created a new screen name because everyone foed him OR he was kicked out and had to reinvent himself.

Either way just foe him again. He gets his excitement when Redbird fans address him.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball