WSU fans

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

WSU fans

Postby glm38 » March 10th, 2016, 11:20 am

Over the past week there has been a very noticeable drop in the number of WSU fans posting here. Is it just because the conference season and tourney are over? I hope there isn't a concerted effort to stay away. I really enjoy the posts and discussions wit most WSU fans.

And did championz get banned? Several recent posts regarding the Shox I just can't imagine him not having a comment.... :D
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

WSU fans

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: WSU fans

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 10th, 2016, 11:42 am

glm38 wrote:And did championz get banned? Several recent posts regarding the Shox I just can't imagine him not having a comment.... :D

Let's hope so.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheShock » March 10th, 2016, 11:47 am

I'm guessing we all have the St. Louis "Blues"... it's already been a long week. Season expectations were off the charts in November before the injuries started piling up. Fred came back and we started clicking again and then we lose 2 games in a row and Northern Iowa ends our 42 or 43 game home winning streak. We catch fire again for several games and then lay two turds in St. Louis. I think most of us are cautiously optimistic that we're in the big dance, however you never know what the committee will decide? We're laying low until the announcement on Sunday.

Personally, I'm about 90% sure we're in the big tournament. Regardless, it's been a great run with Ron, Fred and Evan and I'll always be appreciative of what they've brought to WSU. I just hope they get to show it one more time in the NCAA tournament; I still believe we could make a deep run. The time off should be good for us both mentally and physically.

I'm sure the regulars will be back here posting soon. Sometimes it's OK to eat a little crow and get a dose of reality.

Go UNI and any other Valley team that's playing in a postseason tournament.

:Cheers:
TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocktheheart » March 10th, 2016, 12:00 pm

Rough weekend and I stayed away from Shockernet and here for a couple of days. Now starting to watch basketball again and getting into rooting for other bubble teams to lose. Here is what I came up with today:

St. Louis vs George Washington: Root for St. Louis, big one here as GW is probably out right now
Pitt vs. UNC: Root for UNC, Pitt close to WSU in seeding
Butler vs. Providence: Root for Providence, Butler ahead of us in seeding right now
Northwestern vs Michigan: Root for Northwestern, this one is key as I think Michigan is out
Utah St vs San Diego St: San Diego St is on the bubble, but either need them knocked out early or win the whole thing as nobody else from the Mountain West is getting in without the AQ
Cal vs. Oregon St: Oregon St probably already in, but a loss may help WSI\U anyway
Arkansas vs Florida: need Arkansas to win to eliminate Florida from consideration
Tennessee vs Vandy: Vandy right around WSU in most seeding, Tennessee win would help
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » March 10th, 2016, 12:48 pm

The good thing about being a team from any other MVC school is that you have a legitimate shot to play in the big dance every year. WSU will continue to lay the annual turd on the Scottrade floor into the foreseeable future.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby hot nuts » March 10th, 2016, 1:07 pm

shockem wrote:The good thing about being a team from any other MVC school is that you have a legitimate shot to play in the big dance every year. WSU will continue to lay the annual turd on the Scottrade floor into the foreseeable future.

I suppose the silver lining with the Shockers struggles in St. Louis is it's a chance for Marshall to emphasize the importance of stepping your game up for post season play. That message may not be sinking in until the annual (with an exception) slap to the face.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Dean Wormer » March 10th, 2016, 3:37 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
glm38 wrote:And did championz get banned? Several recent posts regarding the Shox I just can't imagine him not having a comment.... :D

Let's hope so.

Like that matters. He will just resurface with a different screen-name. How many has he had over the years? Baller, ShockerFever, etc.
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUShox88 » March 10th, 2016, 4:10 pm

glm38 wrote:Over the past week there has been a very noticeable drop in the number of WSU fans posting here. Is it just because the conference season and tourney are over? I hope there isn't a concerted effort to stay away. I really enjoy the posts and discussions wit most WSU fans.

And did championz get banned? Several recent posts regarding the Shox I just can't imagine him not having a comment.... :D

I'm here.

It just gets really annoying to watch the two ISU trolls do exactly what they complain about. They whine about me all of the time and then continually troll WSU threads like it's their job. They've totally taken over the place and ruined it with their hypocrisies.

I realize I'm not innocent by any means but they are doing the exact same crap. Hypocrites are really really annoying. Just my two cents. I wish they nothing but luck in the CBI.

I appreciate your thread though glm. I think it's nice to get into convos with all fanbases even though it seems like others are treated more differently than others. I'm here to talk basketball and would be all over with the basketball discussion if it wasn't with the two ISU trolls who have made it their little trolling playground. Hopefully moderation can keep it fair and keep them in check too.

Hopefully I can expand later.
WSUShox88
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby PantherSigEp » March 10th, 2016, 6:22 pm

Dean Wormer wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:

Let's hope so.

Like that matters. He will just resurface with a different screen-name. How many has he had over the years? Baller, ShockerFever, etc.

What are next weeks lotto numbers? Thanks in advance.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » March 10th, 2016, 8:12 pm

Good to know most of you are around. And its certainly understandable that some are taking a break after the tough loss in St Louis.

Looking forward to seeing both the Shox and UNI in the big dance.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball