NCAA Tournament - UNI vs Texas A&M game thread

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NCAA Tournament - UNI vs Texas A&M game thread

Postby sixth ace » March 20th, 2016, 9:26 pm

Poor coaching on Jacobson's part there was enough stoppage, to check time clock, to tell his players to go to the ball and wait for the foul. Puts the ball at the other end of the court and time off the clock. Couldn't believe they didn't try the Hail Mary pass sooner. It got them 2 points and if it went out ball at the other end and pressure defense burns the clock off.

Nice run UNI! sorry it ended this way.

:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unipanther99 » March 20th, 2016, 10:21 pm

Just a gut punch. Feel for the seniors.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Snaggletooth » March 20th, 2016, 10:49 pm

Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bryce » March 20th, 2016, 11:17 pm

Heart sick for the Panther players. A tough life lesson,never take anything for granted including an apparent victory.
bryce
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Red » March 21st, 2016, 7:04 am

Credit to the UNI kids for getting up there and answering the media questions immediately after the game. Not sure if I could have done that.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSpringsBird » March 21st, 2016, 7:39 am

Red wrote:Credit to the UNI kids for getting up there and answering the media questions immediately after the game. Not sure if I could have done that.

Agreed. I also give them credit for fighting hard in OT. A lot of teams would have folded at that point.
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Red » March 21st, 2016, 7:59 am

WSpringsBird wrote:
Red wrote:Credit to the UNI kids for getting up there and answering the media questions immediately after the game. Not sure if I could have done that.

Agreed. I also give them credit for fighting hard in OT. A lot of teams would have folded at that point.

Good point. They had it won in OT too until a last second A&M bucket.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UEACES80 » March 21st, 2016, 8:10 am

I am very hesitant to call ball game when watching sports and thus never tend to be wrong but last night I was dead wrong. Simply WOW how can all those things happen. UNI had mental errors / TAMU forced turnovers / TAMU made shots and I think the Refs made a foul call that wasn't there on Jesperson.

I have nothing but respect for UNI and their team but sometimes Karma can bite really hard and not necessarily when you expect it. The win over WSU plus a quirky bounce on the Washpun shot versus UE and then the half court shot Friday I guess all these things had pushed the Karma full cycle and then a seemingly impressive win all vanished.

I couldn't gear down for 2 hours after that and still woke up this morning stunned, upset and a little angry.

I seriously hope no one in the Panther fan-base did anything they will regret or suffered medical issues from last nights game result. Stick together and in time a better day will arrive for you all. A very serious God Bless you.

PS - The only positive that came out on it for me as a UE fan first and foremost is at least I won't see Washpun's shot on replay anymore this year.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheShock » March 21st, 2016, 9:14 am

I cheered for UNI as hard as I cheer for WSU; it will take me several days to get over this. I continue to be stunned and feel for everyone associated with UNI. I couldn't sleep last night. Unimaginable is about all I can say at this point; trust the lord and he will bring you through it.
TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Stickboy46 » March 21st, 2016, 9:38 am

One thing that really bothered me about how this ended was the way the "reviews" were handled. A&M basically got a ton of free timeouts. Every time they stopped to "review the clock", it allowed A&M to get set up in a defense. Without just ONE of those, I bet UNI could have gotten the ball in to an easier spot before A&M got set and forced FTs. That's all it would have taken. I really really dislike the new rules that allow them to review clock at will.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball