Will your team be better or worse next year?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Will your team be better or worse next year?

Postby Blers » March 1st, 2017, 4:32 pm

Blers wrote:If i had to guess I'd say we finish 6th. But i wouldn't be surprised if we get 5 or 7.

Awwwww yeah.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aces1982 » March 1st, 2017, 9:09 pm

It is interesting. Just 1 year ago observer went by another name. One of the 5 names he has used.

Yet he has the nerve to try to call people out.

lol
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » March 1st, 2017, 11:57 pm

glm38 wrote:I feel the Bears will definitely be better. How much better is the question. We should be to 2 or 3. I have a sick feeling our coach will have difficulty integrating and getting the most out of his players. And that we'll be just good enough to escape the play in game.

Spot. On.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby TheObserver » March 2nd, 2017, 7:57 am

Aces1982 wrote:It is interesting. Just 1 year ago observer went by another name. One of the 5 names he has used.

Yet he has the nerve to try to call people out.

lol

It is interesting how badly I am wrapped up into your little head.

Oklahoma State? Bad loss? LOL
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » March 2nd, 2017, 9:03 am

BCPanther wrote:Man, whoever said UNI would go as Koch and Carlson go was dead on. I think we all just expected them (especially Carlson) to be much better and MUCH MUCH MUCH more consistent.

When they were both playing really well, we crushed Oklahoma and looked pretty good winning 9 of 10 and when they were bad we showed we could lose to George Mason and Evansville.

I think my uncle said it best--'Klint Carlson was the best player in the country for 10 minutes against Oklahoma, what the f*** happened?'

Not Disagreeing with the overall message of your statement. But man you have an odd definition of "crushed". 6 point OT win in which you were down nearly 20 at one point? I'd hate to see the definition of a game like UNI@WSU or ISU@UNI.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » March 2nd, 2017, 9:05 am

Looking at what I said a year ago, I was pretty high on this WSU team. I expected a lot out of Shamet and Allen to get to a decent win total. In hindsight, WSU beat all my expectation and didn't even have Allen on the team. So bravo to the young guys from WSU. :bow:
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » March 2nd, 2017, 9:20 am

MSUDuo wrote:
glm38 wrote:I feel the Bears will definitely be better. How much better is the question. We should be to 2 or 3. I have a sick feeling our coach will have difficulty integrating and getting the most out of his players. And that we'll be just good enough to escape the play in game.

Spot. On.

Yeah. Probably the best one in the thread. Gold star to MSUDuo.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 2nd, 2017, 11:54 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
BCPanther wrote:Man, whoever said UNI would go as Koch and Carlson go was dead on. I think we all just expected them (especially Carlson) to be much better and MUCH MUCH MUCH more consistent.

When they were both playing really well, we crushed Oklahoma and looked pretty good winning 9 of 10 and when they were bad we showed we could lose to George Mason and Evansville.

I think my uncle said it best--'Klint Carlson was the best player in the country for 10 minutes against Oklahoma, what the f*** happened?'

Not Disagreeing with the overall message of your statement. But man you have an odd definition of "crushed". 6 point OT win in which you were down nearly 20 at one point? I'd hate to see the definition of a game like UNI@WSU or ISU@UNI.

Mobile browser fail.

Should say 'crushed Arizona State and beat Oklahoma'...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » March 2nd, 2017, 1:27 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:

Mobile browser fail.

Should say 'crushed Arizona State and beat Oklahoma'...

Ok, that's agreeable lol
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » March 2nd, 2017, 2:14 pm

AndShock wrote:The only thing that will keep us out of the top 25 most of the year is voters not noticing us. I expect us to be a top 25 KenPom team.

Wichita State will not finish ahead of UNI in the MVC over the next 5 years.
Evansville will finish ahead of Wichita State
Marshall is gone after this year 5x
Wichita State will do nothing after losing Murry, Stutz, and Kyles.
Marshall is in over his head in this conference
Marshall is way overpaid for a coach who can only get his team to the NIT

What's the definition of insanity?

Wichita State will be nothing after Baker and VanVleet leave. (There wasn't much of that in this topic but it was certainly everywhere else.)

I will see you all after Shaq, Frankamp, Kelly, Brown, Willis, and Smith graduate when Gregg Marshall proves everyone wrong again.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball