Wichita State at #17 San Diego State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State at #17 San Diego State

Postby Little Eddie » December 5th, 2010, 11:51 am

Please stay on topic here...I think most fans should be unhappy with their respective teams play right now. Baiting or trolling (a new rule here on mvcfans) is not acceptable...

As for this game and the league...I think the players and staffs of each Valley team (including the Shockers) need to start taking a look in the mirror. We, as fans, really can't do anything but they can. Consistent effort night in and night out is a must no matter the opponent. No team in the Valley is good enough to just show up and notch a W. I don't want to hear players and staff saying after games that they need to work harder at this...or show more effort w/ rebounds...whatever. Effort and hard work should be a given at this level.

Sorry...continue on w/ the WSU vs SDSU conversation please. Also, I might add, that maybe SDSU is just that good...WSU may have just come up against a better team? Unsure, as I didn't see the game myself but that could explain some things...maybe they're just farther along than the Shocks. Lots of season left ya know...
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ace Dad » December 5th, 2010, 12:30 pm

Short highlight wrap-up from the Mountain West website:

http://www.themtn.tv/pages/video
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » December 5th, 2010, 12:41 pm

Ace Dad wrote:Short highlight wrap-up from the Mountain West website:

http://www.themtn.tv/pages/video

No need for the highlight video, the two minutes of the total WSU meltdown is still burned in my memory. At least it will all make for a very dynamic conference season.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pawball » December 5th, 2010, 12:54 pm

Little Eddie wrote:Please stay on topic here...I think most fans should be unhappy with their respective teams play right now. Baiting or trolling (a new rule here on mvcfans) is not acceptable...

As for this game and the league...I think the players and staffs of each Valley team (including the Shockers) need to start taking a look in the mirror. We, as fans, really can't do anything but they can. Consistent effort night in and night out is a must no matter the opponent. No team in the Valley is good enough to just show up and notch a W. I don't want to hear players and staff saying after games that they need to work harder at this...or show more effort w/ rebounds...whatever. Effort and hard work should be a given at this level.

Sorry...continue on w/ the WSU vs SDSU conversation please. Also, I might add, that maybe SDSU is just that good...WSU may have just come up against a better team? Unsure, as I didn't see the game myself but that could explain some things...maybe they're just farther along than the Shocks. Lots of season left ya know...

Going into the #17 team's den and playing them tough as long as the Shocks did ain't shameful. I'm sure Marshall will use this experience to help build the team into a stronger unit.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » December 5th, 2010, 12:57 pm

[quote="SycamoreFanatic"]So the great "walks on water" team from Wichita has some problems, huh? I root for every Valley team in the non-con, except for the Shockers. Always like to see them lose, no matter what.

:wave:[/quote]

Are you really opening up your hole after a 30 point beatdown against a horrible Wyoming team?

This quote right here is the type of stuff that always puts back the Sycamore fanbase back by about 20 years. This is why you guys never get any respect and have to whine to no end on your message board about it.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby blueblood » December 5th, 2010, 1:01 pm

When I looked at the lines yesterday I was surprised to see SDSU was a 9.5 favorite. Before I pulled the trigger on taking WSU I looked at their schedule. They have beaten Gonzaga, St, Mary's and now stay unbeaten with a win over WSU. I would say SDSU is just a good team. It shows how bad the MVC overall is when our preseason favorite is a 9.5 dog to SDSU but hey CU is a 7.5 dog to unl.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TheShock » December 6th, 2010, 10:36 am

blueblood wrote:When I looked at the lines yesterday I was surprised to see SDSU was a 9.5 favorite. Before I pulled the trigger on taking WSU I looked at their schedule. They have beaten Gonzaga, St, Mary's and now stay unbeaten with a win over WSU. I would say SDSU is just a good team. It shows how bad the MVC overall is when our preseason favorite is a 9.5 dog to SDSU but hey CU is a 7.5 dog to unl.

:+1:

I traveled to Maui and SDSU impressed me more than UCONN, Kentucky, Washington and Michigan St. They have 7 returing players and most of them are studs. Regardless, the Shockers stunk it up during a 2 minute melt down. No excuses from this Shocker fan. Bad shots early in the shot clock, dumb fouls and untimely turnovers cost us any chance to win this game. It might turn out to be the best thing... some fans were drinking the yellow stuff. Until the point guard situation is settled (I'm very confident it will be soon), the Shockers will continue to struggle. If we're fortunate enough to make the big dance, not sure many BCS teams will look forward to facing us in the first round.
TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 6th, 2010, 12:17 pm

beatingrillz wrote:Well I watched the game and just a few observations. This WSU team didn't not look like they have any chemistry, they have no PG therefore they didn't have much of an offense, Stutz looks like a freshman again, Kyles looks to be a handful if he stays outta foul trouble. I know that SDSU is very good and athletic and I think that was part of the rebounding problem but I saw no shocker with an interest to fight for the boards I would put WSU at 3rd in valley right now at least until they develop some team chemistry.

Way too high. 9th is about right.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 6th, 2010, 12:19 pm

SycamoreFanatic wrote:So the great "walks on water" team from Wichita has some problems, huh? I root for every Valley team in the non-con, except for the Shockers. Always like to see them lose, no matter what.

:wave:

Your team is what it was yesterday and what it will be tomorrow.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces0976 » December 6th, 2010, 2:42 pm

There's no shame whatsoever in losing to SDSU anywhere, especially at their place, they have a helluva team this year. Is it just me, or do Ind St fans seem to do a lot of trash talking on threads about other teams??? I can point out 2 of the UE game threads this year already. Doesn't make any difference to me, but I kinda think they should worry more about their team before talking out their azzes about anybody else.
Aces0976
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball