MVC prospects for NBA draft

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC prospects for NBA draft

Postby shockalot » October 21st, 2016, 7:52 pm

Agreed, the Knicks have been a horribly managed NBA franchise for a long time. However, I'm seeing what I hope are signs of change, though the market itself may not allow for enough change to turn the thing around. Wasn't thrilled to see Ron get his shot there, but I'm very happy he has made the roster and overcome the odds. Weird thing about WSU and the Knicks though, most of WSU's players who made it to the pros or got a shot to do so ended up with the Knicks. Stallworth, Bowman, McDaniel, Murray, Early, now Baker, and Paul Miller even was on their preseason camp roster though he never made it to the NBA. That leaves, I think, only 4 others who made it to the NBA but didn't play for the Knicks, not counting Fred, who may end up a Knick yet :)
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » October 21st, 2016, 8:06 pm

shockalot wrote:Agreed, the Knicks have been a horribly managed NBA franchise for a long time. However, I'm seeing what I hope are signs of change, though the market itself may not allow for enough change to turn the thing around. Wasn't thrilled to see Ron get his shot there, but I'm very happy he has made the roster and overcome the odds. Weird thing about WSU and the Knicks though, most of WSU's players who made it to the pros or got a shot to do so ended up with the Knicks. Stallworth, Bowman, McDaniel, Murray, Early, now Baker, and Paul Miller even was on their preseason camp roster though he never made it to the NBA. That leaves, I think, only 4 others who made it to the NBA but didn't play for the Knicks, not counting Fred, who may end up a Knick yet :)

Hopefully they can turn things around. It has to be an embarrassment to the NBA to have one of their flagship franchises be as pathetic as the Knicks have been.

However they just aren't going to compete for a title as long as Carmelo is their best player.

Regardless of that hopefully this is the start of a long NBA career for Baker. I was pretty shocked when he wasn't drafted. I watch quite a bit of NBA and he's good enough to play there.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » October 22nd, 2016, 7:41 am

Stickboy46 wrote:Baker is officially on the 15 man roster for the Knicks. They cut a guaranteed contract (and ate 100k) to keep him. Congrats Ron!

http://nypost.com/2016/10/21/ron-baker- ... on-randle/

Good for Baker.. he always represented himself well. However, and I don't follow the NBA at all so please correct me if I'm wrong, but this sounds like baker's spot is tenuous. Once Randle is healthy, he's likely going to be re-signed and that might be Baker's spot.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » October 22nd, 2016, 9:43 am

bigdawg wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:Baker is officially on the 15 man roster for the Knicks. They cut a guaranteed contract (and ate 100k) to keep him. Congrats Ron!

Good for Baker.. he always represented himself well. However, and I don't follow the NBA at all so please correct me if I'm wrong, but this sounds like baker's spot is tenuous. Once Randle is healthy, he's likely going to be re-signed and that might be Baker's spot.

Randle is considered a FA and can sign with anyone. But from what I've read, the Knicks might sign him and put him in the D League for a bit. Randle may see what other options are available and see if someone is willing to give him a roster spot instead.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » October 22nd, 2016, 10:50 am

bigdawg wrote:

Yes, he isn't "fully guaranteed" until Jan 20. With that said Randle is only out a couple of weeks. If they wanted Randle, they would have signed Randle. Baker was much more impressive in the pre season and probably isn't the first man out at the point
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » October 22nd, 2016, 10:51 am

On a separate note. The raptors announced today that Fred will get the 15th roster spot. So both Baker and Van Vleet made it
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball