Asst. Coach of the Week

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Asst. Coach of the Week

Postby mvcfan » May 2nd, 2016, 9:33 pm

I am amused by the ISUR fan message board. They spend a lot of their time bashing Gregg and WSU when Muller pulled off a coup and hired Chad Dollar from a P5 team. Their bashing of Gregg when Muller hired a former WSU Asst. Coach was stopped in in it's tracks when Dollar went to Auburn after being a Redbird asst. for ONE WEEK. At least they found out early enough for it not to hurt their basketball program.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Asst. Coach of the Week

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Asst. Coach of the Week

Postby Rollbird5 » May 4th, 2016, 10:26 am

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/column ... um=twitter

I enjoyed this article on the matter
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » May 4th, 2016, 10:31 am

Rollbird5 wrote:http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/columnists/kindred/kindred-backdoor-play-says-plenty-about-pearl-dollar/article_284eb876-ce15-5825-b6fd-9d1ab37d298b.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:+1:

Good article. Love that Muller took the high road when he so easily could have attacked Pearl and money bags character.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleyclimber » May 4th, 2016, 11:59 am

See Bruce Pearl hasn't changed his ways after his 3 year layoff. Pearl is about as low as it gets.
valleyclimber
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » May 5th, 2016, 10:25 am

Rollbird5 wrote:http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/columnists/kindred/kindred-backdoor-play-says-plenty-about-pearl-dollar/article_284eb876-ce15-5825-b6fd-9d1ab37d298b.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

People from the State of Illinois have a really biased view of what happened in 1989 as it relates to Deon Thomas. The revisionist history and smearing of poor old Illini and Lou Henson is hilarious.

Do you guys really think coaches call other head coaches for permission to speak to their assistants for open jobs? Come on. I'm continually amazed how many fans don't understand the business side of this business.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UEACES80 » May 5th, 2016, 10:41 am

Bruce Pearl is about as low as a person can get.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » May 5th, 2016, 10:47 am

UEACES80 wrote:Bruce Pearl is about as low as a person can get.

Spent a lot of time with him have you?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UEACES80 » May 5th, 2016, 10:51 am

Proud to say no I haven't but sure have read a lot dirt from his days at Iowa then USI and Tennessee. Surprisingly I don't remember any dirt from his UWM days. The man can coach and I respect that but don't care for his ethics.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » May 5th, 2016, 11:03 am

UEACES80 wrote:Proud to say no I haven't but sure have read a lot dirt from his days at Iowa then USI and Tennessee. Surprisingly I don't remember any dirt from his UWM days. The man can coach and I respect that but don't care for his ethics.

Do people think Bruce Pearl...as a 25, 26 year old assistant did all those things at Iowa without Dr. Tom Davis knowing about it? That's been the funny point of all this.

Dr. Tom is a saint...Pearl is a snake. No young assistant does things without a guy like Dr. Tom signing off on it. Not at a place like Iowa.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » May 5th, 2016, 3:04 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
UEACES80 wrote:Proud to say no I haven't but sure have read a lot dirt from his days at Iowa then USI and Tennessee. Surprisingly I don't remember any dirt from his UWM days. The man can coach and I respect that but don't care for his ethics.

Do people think Bruce Pearl...as a 25, 26 year old assistant did all those things at Iowa without Dr. Tom Davis knowing about it? That's been the funny point of all this.

Dr. Tom is a saint...Pearl is a snake. No young assistant does things without a guy like Dr. Tom signing off on it. Not at a place like Iowa.

Just as you asked the other poster a few posts prior, were you spending a lot of time with Dr. Tom and Pearl to know the inner workings of that program back then too Tribe??

Can't challenge one poster and then turn around and make the same assumption yourself.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball