NBC sports Too early preseason top 25

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby mvcfan » May 26th, 2016, 7:38 pm

Not everyone on here but I've seen many a fan (here and on certain fan boards) that are salivating regarding the future demise of the Shockers. I've seen a number of basketball experts on NBC and other outlets that don't agree.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... on-top-25/
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NBC sports Too early preseason top 25

Postby Wufan » May 27th, 2016, 5:28 am

Continued success of WSU and UNI is good for the Valley. That does not exclude the success of other schools also being good.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » May 27th, 2016, 7:44 am

Wufan wrote:Continued success of WSU and UNI is good for the Valley. That does not exclude the success of other schools also being good.

:+1:

So true WuFan! ISUr needs to get over the hump of mediocrity along with MSU & SIU continuing their climb back to relevancy.
A lot of teams are hoping that WSU falls back to the pack when they should instead be trying to match their success...even if that is a pipe dream. The Valley should have 5-6 really good teams each year to be more
like the A10 and less like the Summit!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby squirrel » May 27th, 2016, 2:24 pm

Once you get past the names Wichita loses, you see that the overall production returning is greater than that which they lose. Of course, that doesn't mean they'll replace the production lost, but given that bench production returning will likely increase considerably, odds are pretty good they'll at least come close.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ali » May 28th, 2016, 9:13 am

mvcfan wrote:Not everyone on here but I've seen many a fan (here and on certain fan boards) that are salivating regarding the future demise of the Shockers. I've seen a number of basketball experts on NBC and other outlets that don't agree.

And WSU is only two spots behind Creighton. No doubt all the "we're better with Loyola than Creighton" people are surprised by this development. :Bam:
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » May 28th, 2016, 1:26 pm

Ali wrote:
mvcfan wrote:Not everyone on here but I've seen many a fan (here and on certain fan boards) that are salivating regarding the future demise of the Shockers. I've seen a number of basketball experts on NBC and other outlets that don't agree.

And WSU is only two spots behind Creighton. No doubt all the "we're better with Loyola than Creighton" people are surprised by this development. :Bam:

Creighton's ranking is mostly unproven potential. If you put a lot of stock in recruiting rankings, which I don't, then Creighton will be awesome. Their point guard, Mo Watson, is the real deal. Zierden has been streaky when not hurt.

Creighton could be top 25, I see them more top 50 or 60.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » May 31st, 2016, 10:13 am

Ali wrote:

Have there been a lot of "we're better with Loyola than Creighton" people??

Seems like you are creating a talking point to fit the agenda.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » June 3rd, 2016, 12:38 pm

I'm stunned to see Wichita state in any top 25. The shockers didn't finish last season in the top 25 and lost their two best players. No way.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » June 3rd, 2016, 2:09 pm

bigdawg wrote:I'm stunned to see Wichita state in any top 25. The shockers didn't finish last season in the top 25 and lost their two best players. No way.

Consider yourself stunned. Maybe you are the problem, maybe not. If you research last year (April), the ESPN poll and USA Today poll had the Shockers at 26, and another poll had the Shocks at 33 (I think NBC but not sure).

While not the norm, more than one poll (Too early Polls) had the Shocks at 25 or 26 for the upcoming year.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » June 5th, 2016, 8:39 pm

Polls in May/June for the next season are an absolute joke anyways. You should pay no attention to its value, then, and it's value in early November.

Predictions can be way off for how a season projects. So, WSU fans can gloat/care about them now when one picks them in the top 25....the rest of us should really care less.

All you need to know is WSU is still the favorites to win the MVC.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball