BEARS WIN 1ST GAME IN BAHAMMAS

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby BEARZ77 » August 4th, 2016, 4:43 am

Bears win 107-67. Kendrix with 23, Rousseau 17, Dixon 10, Martin 12 rbs. Starting lineup had Miller, Rousseau, Kendrix, Church, Johnson; good chance that's it come season. Bears playing w/o 3 players who could be significant contributors later in Ruder, McCullough, and freshman Boogie Williams; all three still rehabbing from off season surgery but expected good to go come fall.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: BEARS WIN 1ST GAME IN BAHAMMAS

Postby ACECARD » August 4th, 2016, 9:55 am

BEARZ77 wrote:Bears win 107-67. Kendrix with 23, Rousseau 17, Dixon 10, Martin 12 rbs. Starting lineup had Miller, Rousseau, Kendrix, Church, Johnson; good chance that's it come season. Bears playing w/o 3 players who could be significant contributors later in Ruder, McCullough, and freshman Boogie Williams; all three still rehabbing from off season surgery but expected good to go come fall.

I guess we can assume that the other team will not be ranked in the top 100 this coming season. Little can be determined playing that kind of competition. I do think the Bears will have a lot to say about who wins the Valley this year.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Born2Shock » August 4th, 2016, 11:12 am

ACECARD wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:Bears win 107-67. Kendrix with 23, Rousseau 17, Dixon 10, Martin 12 rbs. Starting lineup had Miller, Rousseau, Kendrix, Church, Johnson; good chance that's it come season. Bears playing w/o 3 players who could be significant contributors later in Ruder, McCullough, and freshman Boogie Williams; all three still rehabbing from off season surgery but expected good to go come fall.

I guess we can assume that the other team will not be ranked in the top 100 this coming season. Little can be determined playing that kind of competition. I do think the Bears will have a lot to say about who wins the Valley this year.

Gotta love Evansville fan talking scheduling smack.
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Cdizzle » August 4th, 2016, 11:34 am

ACECARD wrote:I guess we can assume that the other team will not be ranked in the top 100 this coming season. Little can be determined playing that kind of competition. I do think the Bears will have a lot to say about who wins the Valley this year.

Classic.

So would you say that Kendrix should or should not be 1st Team All-Valley based on his performance?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » August 4th, 2016, 12:38 pm

Just reporting scores; analyze it anyway you want. :Cheers:
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » August 4th, 2016, 1:23 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Just reporting scores; analyze it anyway you want. :Cheers:

I appreciate the report, keep them coming. Several Valley clubs on summer tours this month. That first response was just great though.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » August 4th, 2016, 8:05 pm

All I know is that the last time we went on one of these trips we had wins ranging from 45-60 points and finished the season at 11-22.

We can't even beat our NAIA/D2 exhibition opponents by that much so only God knows how bad these teams are...
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Wufan » August 5th, 2016, 6:11 am

These help to show line-ups. We all know Kendrix is going to be good. After that, it's certainly hard to tell much. I look forward to seeing the Bears this year.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » August 5th, 2016, 8:43 am

MSUDuo wrote:All I know is that the last time we went on one of these trips we had wins ranging from 45-60 points and finished the season at 11-22.

We can't even beat our NAIA/D2 exhibition opponents by that much so only God knows how bad these teams are...

Yeah, it's really tough to tell on a lot of these trips if the opponents are what amount to American high school teams, or a bunch of 28-year old semi-pros playing with refs not interested in their countries team losing. And sometimes it's both on the same trip.

Some of the teams Creighton played against last year would have struggled to win any games in the Wichita City League.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » August 5th, 2016, 9:57 am

Born2Shock wrote:
ACECARD wrote:

Gotta love Evansville fan talking scheduling smack.

Thanks, we can use all the love we can get.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball