Allen leaves Shux

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Allen leaves Shux

Postby Stickboy46 » September 23rd, 2016, 9:37 am

uniftw wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:
WSUShox88 wrote:3rd? lol. I'm sure you picked them about 6th in 2013 when they lost their top 6 scorers from the previous year.

Well, if it's anything like your predictions of years' past, you'll be wrong again and go absent again for another decade.

Is it really "unreasonable" for anyone to think that Wichita might take a step back and finish third? You are acting like Wichita is the unanimous prohibitive favorite. I think Wichita, UNI and ISUr should and probably will finish in the top three, but the order is anyone's guess to me. Granted, I am predicting, Wichita, UNI and ISUr in that order, but i wouldn't criticize anyone who thinks Wichita "might" take a step back after losing two all-americans.

UNI's ceiling is as high as it's ever been.

The talent, top to bottom, and athleticism has never been higher. HOWEVER, much of it is based on potential at this point. Yes, we have some solidified "stars". However, our PG rotation is going to be a true freshman, a red-shirt freshman, and a JUCO transfer.

That is very true. Though if we are going on talent and Athleticism, then WSU's is higher than its ever been also. It's all potential though. PG rotation is a Junior, Re-shirt Freshman and a JUCO Transfer (and maybe a true freshman). Very similar overall comments

Will WSU take a step back .. yes. Will they fall far enough to go to 3rd ... probably not. They are still the most talented team in the conference (IMO and most rankings sites opinion) and have one of the best coaches.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » September 23rd, 2016, 6:39 pm

I wouldn't criticize anyone for taking ISU, UNI, or WSU as first. I think WSU will be first, but I might be biased. :D

All three have very good returning players, lots of potential and lots of questions. WSU has the last two FOY winners returning, and the most stars from the recruiting services if that's worth anything. I imagine Markis McDuffie will be one of the best players in the league this year, and the only thing that will stop Shaq Morris will be foul trouble. Top 100 recruit Landry Shamet should be the front-runner for FOY this year, 6-9 big Darryl Willis was a top 10 JUCO that will get some run for NCOY. Athletic role players Zach Brown and Rashard Kelly will be given an opportunity to step up, and Conner Frankamp might be able to tap that top 30 high school potential. A quick JC and the nations leading high school scorer will battle for PG minutes.

Will everyone perform as rosy as I predict? Nope, but WSU will be damn good again this year.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » September 24th, 2016, 9:58 am

Wufan wrote:I wouldn't criticize anyone for taking ISU, UNI, or WSU as first. I think WSU will be first, but I might be biased. :D

All three have very good returning players, lots of potential and lots of questions. WSU has the last two FOY winners returning, and the most stars from the recruiting services if that's worth anything. I imagine Markis McDuffie will be one of the best players in the league this year, and the only thing that will stop Shaq Morris will be foul trouble. Top 100 recruit Landry Shamet should be the front-runner for FOY this year, 6-9 big Darryl Willis was a top 10 JUCO that will get some run for NCOY. Athletic role players Zach Brown and Rashard Kelly will be given an opportunity to step up, and Conner Frankamp might be able to tap that top 30 high school potential. A quick JC and the nations leading high school scorer will battle for PG minutes.

Will everyone perform as rosy as I predict? Nope, but WSU will be damn good again this year.

WSU, UNI, and ISUr in that order. WSU is the best team in the league until they can prove to me that they aren't.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball