Which teams fans should be most upset with their start?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby bigdawg » December 5th, 2010, 4:13 pm

I'd say Bradley fans but they have the most legit excuse. So I'll take Drake followed by Creighton and Illinois St.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Which teams fans should be most upset with their start?

Postby valleychamp » December 5th, 2010, 4:16 pm

Drake because of how bad they have been blown out in all their losses. Just embarrassing.

Also Indy St, because they were supposed to be a semi-good team this year and they have lost to every decent team they have played.

Wichita St has to be at least a little upset with how they blew their chance in Maui, and lost at SDSU. Good losses (if there is such a thing), but big missed opportunities.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » December 5th, 2010, 4:49 pm

valleychamp wrote:Drake because of how bad they have been blown out in all their losses. Just embarrassing.

While I agree with your choice of Drake, I gotta disagree with the statement "because of how bad they have been blown out in all their losses." The Colorado State game was close until the last 5 minutes and the Weber State game they lost by 1 point on a questionable technical foul at the end of the game. The Bulldogs have not been blown out in all of their losses

The other two losses were inexcusable. Not the fact that they lost, but the way they got blown out in those two games.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Drakey » December 5th, 2010, 8:59 pm

I think the most depressed fan bases should definitely be Drake and Indiana State. Bradley has an excuse. Everybody else is knd of mildly disappointing, but the Bulldogs and Sycamores appear to be looking at long seasons.

In my opinion all of Drakes losses have been pretty bad.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » December 5th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Whose fan base is still optimistic?
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kip Dynamite » December 5th, 2010, 10:06 pm

I think Missouri State fans are still very optimistic as the team is really starting to come into their own.
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Unsmooth Moment » December 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm

45otseoj wrote:Whose fan base is still optimistic?

I will be IF we can beat OK State next week. If we can win that game we are set up to win out the remainder of our Non conference (sitting at 9-2). Sucks to lose to our best 2 opponents, but our depth will hopefully get better over time.
Unsmooth Moment
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MSUDuo » December 5th, 2010, 10:24 pm

Even though my most outside standards we were picked to finish 2nd and be on the NCAA bubble, I would not be disappointed with a top4 finish and a NIT berth considering where we have been. I think we do that as long as we don't lose a starter to a long-term injury and continue to grow. Who knows, maybe, just maybe we make a surprise run.

But we have to get the win on the road at Oklahoma State
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BirdmanBB » December 6th, 2010, 1:19 am

bigdawg wrote:I'd say Bradley fans but they have the most legit excuse. So I'll take Drake followed by Creighton and Illinois St.

Not sure why we should be upset. We aren't supposed to be good this year. In fact, if we finish in the top 4 I will consider the year a success as would most ISU fans. Anything outside of that should be looked at as normal growing pains.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby cu8493 » December 6th, 2010, 9:37 am

While CU fans may have hoped for more, I don't think they are anywhere near the most dissapointed. We hoped Korver would start shooting like a Korver, that Kenny Lawson would play like a senior big man, and that Jones would continue to improve from where he finished last year. But I think we are resigned to understanding that just isn't going to happen. With a new coach and a new system, its just going to take a while for the guys all to get on the same page, and I think the fans understand that. They also understand Altman didn't leave much behind when he bailed. For the most part, there has been more effort, more guys on the floor and more guys scraping for rebounds and loose balls than the last couple of years. As long as they show that kind of effort, fans will be patient - to a point. And, we have Doug's efforts and even Jahens' play to give us optimism for the future.

On the other hand, we do expect to go undefeated after Big E is eligible - so if we start off with three or four MVC losses, then you might start to see some whining. :)
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball