McDuffie/Shamet...Shamet/McDuffie

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: McDuffie/Shamet...Shamet/McDuffie

Postby BirdsEyeView » July 3rd, 2017, 9:26 pm

AndShock wrote:Imo it's a bit weird how people on both sides of the aisle want to act like there's never been any association. I guess it's understandable if you only want to care about your team but as a fan of college basketball and someone who has been connected to the MVC I'm going to care about it for at least for another year or two. I love watching Alize play and will probably tune into SWOMO games when I run across them on ESPN3. I hope to see a Barry Hinson news conference pop up on my twitter feed every once in a while. I hope to see Bradley eventually pop up as a possible at-large when I'm doing my own personal bracketology every week in January and February. On ShockerNet, someone posted about Jake Odum playing Summer League and that is news I'm interested in. I will still probably check all the MVC school message boards for a while. They're in my rotation of sites I browse. AAC fan boards have not made it into my rotation yet, old habits I guess.

I can agree here, but the level of importance has to be higher than a random college basketball personality predicting pre-July 4th a player of the year in a conference we're not affiliated to. If this were in season and he was a nominee for an award or doing something special, then sure go ahead and share.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aargh » July 3rd, 2017, 9:45 pm

Shamet and McDuffie were (and always will have been) MVC players. They won't end their careers in the Valley, but they played there. That makes them pretty much like Reggie Lynch, MiKyle McIntosh, Teddy Hawkins, and a lot of other players who left the Valley.

Shamet and McDuffie didn't have a choice about leaving or staying in the Valley.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » July 3rd, 2017, 11:24 pm

Aargh wrote:Jon Rothstein names Shamet the pre-season PoY in the AAC. Kind of interesting, since SMU has a 6'6" PG (Shake Milton) who's predicted to be a first-round draft pick. There's starting to be some speculation among Shocker fans that if Shamet does what he's expected to do, he'll be gone after this season.

https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/rothstein-files-aac-offseason-notebook/

He hasn't broken into CBS way-to-early 2018 draft projection.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/way-t ... r-at-no-1/
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball