McDuffie/Shamet...Shamet/McDuffie

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: McDuffie/Shamet...Shamet/McDuffie

Postby Stickboy46 » September 28th, 2016, 3:18 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:So should I create a thread for Mikyle McIntosh and Deontae Hawkins? What about Paris Lee and MiKyle McIntosh?

These threads, with no warrant to their success or lack of to this point (it's offseason still as far as I know) belongs on ShockerNet where die-hards can speak of those two player's prospects this upcoming year.

I'd be perfectly fine with that .. those will be some of the best players in the league this year.

No thanks, I'd feel like a jinx if they got hurt or played poorly early in the year. The difference though between doing a post for any of the above ISUr players and Shamet is that ISUr players have had proven success in this league.

Shamet is very much unknown so far.

There is also the difference in that Shamet and McDuffie have a higher ceiling than anyone in the league (IMO). I think that is what the original post was about.

the ISUr players have proven more, but are also upperclassmen with less growth potential than the two young potential WSU stars.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Rollbird5 » September 28th, 2016, 3:26 pm

There's not much to talk about in the offseason so the more threads the better! It will be fun to watch Shamet this year since I didn't get to see much of him last year. Also to see how much McDuffie has improved and will play in a more leading role this year without baker and FVV
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » September 28th, 2016, 3:52 pm

I've got no problem with this thread either. I look forward to seeing what these 2 can do over the next few years.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSpringsBird » September 28th, 2016, 4:01 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:There's not much to talk about in the offseason so the more threads the better! It will be fun to watch Shamet this year since I didn't get to see much of him last year. Also to see how much McDuffie has improved and will play in a more leading role this year without baker and FVV

Agree with this 100%.
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » September 28th, 2016, 5:03 pm

This is a great thread because it can be used for years to come to point out how brilliant or ignorant @Aargh is.

Personally, I think McDuffie and Shamet will be on as All-MVC team this year along with Shaq Morris.

McIntosh and Hawkins probably will be as well.

Other returning players with All-MVC potential: Brenton Scott, Kris Kendrix, Ob Church, Jeremy Morgan, lil Koch, Jaylen Brown, Milton Doyle.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUShox88 » September 28th, 2016, 5:35 pm

This thread was created in relation to a thread created 4 years ago by the same poster that provoked some discussion - discussion that turned out to be hilarious in the end. BEARZ77 and his prophetic statements now go hand in hand whenever he is brought up. Anybody that knows some history on MVCfans would know why this thread was created.

Either BUDude and BirdsEyeView are ignorant or totally setting themselves up down the road.

Who knows how these two will do? They aren't going to approach FVV/Baker levels I don't think, but I'm not sure if WSU is destined for 4th place Valley finishes either. There could be some stumbles along the way, but until something different happens, you have to just take it on the chin. BUDude has been waiting for a long time to smear WSU. He should probably be concentrating more on the efforts of his own program - and oh what a program that has been recently.
WSUShox88
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Aargh » September 28th, 2016, 11:11 pm

I started this thread because I believe these two guys are potential AA's. It won't bother me to take my lumps if my prediction ends up filled with nothing but hot air.

If Valley fans want to watch some potential AA's and some potential NBA guys, these 2 look like they could provide that opportunity for MVC fans.

On top of that, I knew that if a WSU fan made a "we got a couple more studs" post, it would get some reaction. This thread already appears to be the most active post of the off season.

Want to make a thread for a couple of players on your team? Go for it! Post all the favorable articles and reviews of those players in that thread. If players on Valley teams are getting national recognition, I'd love it if they had a thread out here where I could find that info.

If you think any of the recruits for your school are potential 2- or 3-time All-Valley selections, let us know. It's helpful for fans of other schools to know who to watch when your team comes to our town.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » September 29th, 2016, 6:54 am

Wufan wrote:Other returning players with All-MVC potential: Brenton Scott, Kris Kendrix, Ob Church, Jeremy Morgan, lil Koch, Jaylen Brown, Milton Doyle.

and Luuk Van Bree
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » September 29th, 2016, 7:19 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:
Wufan wrote:Other returning players with All-MVC potential: Brenton Scott, Kris Kendrix, Ob Church, Jeremy Morgan, lil Koch, Jaylen Brown, Milton Doyle.

and Luuk Van Bree

and Reed Timmer
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BirdsEyeView » September 29th, 2016, 9:20 am

WSUShox88..

I never said they might not reach that potential. Just found the topic interesting to single out a player who has never done anything yet (Shamet) and give him a thread. I guess predictions are fun, so no worries. Carry on.

I think McIntosh and McDuffie are going to have some fun battles the next few years. McIntosh is an absolute stud physically...

On a quick side note, Tony Wills is out 6-8 weeks. Sports Hernia surgery on Tuesday.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball