McDuffie/Shamet...Shamet/McDuffie

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Aargh » September 27th, 2016, 8:46 pm

I thought I'd give these guys a thread like the one I gave Baker and VanVleet. McDuffie is getting a significant amount of off-season attention from national media. Like this one from CBS Sports:

McDuffie is a stud athlete, tremendous dunker -- but so much more. Wichita State will need production now that Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker have graduated. McDuffie can be a star. If he stays healthy, he seems a near-lock to be a top-50 player in college hoops. He averaged 7.4 points and 3.3 rebounds last season. Expect those stats to double.

(http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketballs-top-20-breakout-players-for-the-2016-17-season/)

If Shamet isn't the MVC FoY, then someone in the Valley has one of the most incredible Fr the Valley has seen in the last 20 or so years.

McDuffie had some work done on his knee after WSU's August trip to Canada. He's back doing workouts and has posted some videos where he's getting his head up to about rim high on dunks, so it looks like he'll be in fine form by the start of the season.

You will want to make sure you have a ticket to a ball game near you when these two show up. It will be worth the price of admission to see them play. Your team may win the game. If they do, they will have earned it and you can be proud you saw them take down WSU's next all-star duo.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: McDuffie/Shamet...Shamet/McDuffie

Postby BUDude » September 27th, 2016, 8:52 pm

geesh :Stupid:
BUDude
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Wufan » September 27th, 2016, 9:27 pm

BUDude wrote:geesh :Stupid:

He's earned this thread...he posted that Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet would be special players before either stepped on the court. Fred was a borderline top 100, so not that impressive, but Ron Baker was a freaking walk-on freshman!
Last edited by Wufan on September 27th, 2016, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShoxNAwe » September 27th, 2016, 9:28 pm

Just like Baker/VanVleet, those two are over-hyped, right dude?
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BUDude » September 28th, 2016, 6:38 am

He's earned this thread? umm. ok.

It will be interesting to see how Shox fans react when they are losing MVC games this year and don't win the Valley and are in the NIT just like they used to be. Hate to say it (not really) but your best days have come and gone. How much longer til Gregg wants to go too?
BUDude
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdsEyeView » September 28th, 2016, 7:13 am

So should I create a thread for Mikyle McIntosh and Deontae Hawkins? What about Paris Lee and MiKyle McIntosh?

These threads, with no warrant to their success or lack of to this point (it's offseason still as far as I know) belongs on ShockerNet where die-hards can speak of those two player's prospects this upcoming year.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » September 28th, 2016, 7:38 am

BUDude wrote:He's earned this thread? umm. ok.

It will be interesting to see how Shox fans react when they are losing MVC games this year and don't win the Valley and are in the NIT just like they used to be. Hate to say it (not really) but your best days have come and gone. How much longer til Gregg wants to go too?

Please stop saying these things and making Bradley posters look bad. Dude...its Wichita for Pete's sake. Their like the Patriots. They probably have the most talent returning and the best recruiting class coming in. I'll believe their time is over when someone else is hoisting that conference trophy in the air at the end of the regular season. Until then (as much as I hate to admit it, and feed into a few egos on here), it's their conference to lose.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » September 28th, 2016, 9:25 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:

Please stop saying these things and making Bradley posters look bad. Dude...its Wichita for Pete's sake. Their like the Patriots. They probably have the most talent returning and the best recruiting class coming in. I'll believe their time is over when someone else is hoisting that conference trophy in the air at the end of the regular season. Until then (as much as I hate to admit it, and feed into a few egos on here), it's their conference to lose.

2006, your post is an intelligent rational response to this stupid thread, but I admire BUDude for having the guts to say what he did. This thread does indeed belong on Shockernet instead of Shockernet II which this one has become.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » September 28th, 2016, 9:26 am

ACECARD wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:

2006, your post is an intelligent rational response to this stupid thread, but I admire BUDude for having the guts to say what he did. This thread does indeed belong on Shockernet instead of Shockernet II which this one has become.

It does take a lot of guts to post an incoherent rant on an internet message board. We should probably give some sort of crest to this knight of the intertubes.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » September 28th, 2016, 12:28 pm

Wufan wrote:
BUDude wrote:geesh :Stupid:

He's earned this thread...he posted that Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet would be special players before either stepped on the court. Fred was a borderline top 100, so not that impressive, but Ron Baker was a freaking walk-on freshman!

Wasn't that the same thread that a Bears posted said that Thurman and someone else would be bigger than Van Vleet/Baker?

If WSU is losing MVC games, I would be fine with it ... IF its because the rest of the league as stepped up. WSU still has one of the most talented teams in the league, and Gregg on the sidelines, so there is that. ISUred has some ridiculously talented players that if they gel together could be scary for any team. MSU has a very very good returning core. UNI has Coach Jake .. he could roll out on the court with some teams managers and make a run for an NCAA bid. I would have no shame in losing to any of those guys. For Bradley's (and the MVCs) sake, I really hope your worst days are gone ... because there isn't much lower you can go. Thankfully, I hope I'm surprised by them this year as that team matures.

As far as Gregg leaving? ... I dunno when will a school actually provide more to him than what WSU does? Very few schools can (overall package .. not just money).
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball