McDuffie/Shamet...Shamet/McDuffie

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: McDuffie/Shamet...Shamet/McDuffie

Postby BirdsEyeView » July 3rd, 2017, 8:52 am

Aargh wrote:Jon Rothstein names Shamet the pre-season PoY in the AAC. Kind of interesting, since SMU has a 6'6" PG (Shake Milton) who's predicted to be a first-round draft pick. There's starting to be some speculation among Shocker fans that if Shamet does what he's expected to do, he'll be gone after this season.

https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/rothstein-files-aac-offseason-notebook/

Good for him. He's a great player, but it begs the question....why are we posting this on the MVC message board and not the AAC message board?

He no longer provides relevance to this league other than you guys showcasing him to your old competition.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby UEACES80 » July 3rd, 2017, 9:06 am

Lock the thread
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » July 3rd, 2017, 10:25 am

I don't have a problem with it at all. I'm interested in how these 2 players are doing and if they truly make it to the nba. They are no longer in the Valley but they started their careers here.

Plus Aargh is a respectful poster. He's not posting it in an attempt to show superiority. At least in IMO.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » July 3rd, 2017, 10:37 am

I have no interest in what any WSU player does or does not do.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » July 3rd, 2017, 12:44 pm

Drakey wrote:I have no interest in what any WSU player does or does not do.

I have less than no interest.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » July 3rd, 2017, 1:37 pm

glm38 wrote:I don't have a problem with it at all. I'm interested in how these 2 players are doing and if they truly make it to the nba. They are no longer in the Valley but they started their careers here.

Plus Aargh is a respectful poster. He's not posting it in an attempt to show superiority. At least in IMO.

I disagree; if you read on the Shocker board , argh is anything but respectful of the league. I think having interest in what players from WSU, Creighton or whomever do is fine; that's what the individual team and league boards are for, along with news services. Anyone can follow using those resources. WSU is not in anyway connected with this league and to post here is just trolling.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mule » July 3rd, 2017, 2:58 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
glm38 wrote:I don't have a problem with it at all. I'm interested in how these 2 players are doing and if they truly make it to the nba. They are no longer in the Valley but they started their careers here.

I disagree; if you read on the Shocker board , argh is anything but respectful of the league. I think having interest in what players from WSU, Creighton or whomever do is fine; that's what the individual team and league boards are for, along with news services. Anyone can follow using those resources. WSU is not in anyway connected with this league and to post here is just trolling.

The over-abundance of WSU topics on this board were bad enough when the Shockers were part of the MVC. In my opinion, all WSU topics should be locked or removed from the board.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » July 3rd, 2017, 7:03 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:

He's been respectful on this site though. To be honest I don't care what's on Shockernet. IMO that's their board and their business.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » July 3rd, 2017, 7:16 pm

Imo it's a bit weird how people on both sides of the aisle want to act like there's never been any association. I guess it's understandable if you only want to care about your team but as a fan of college basketball and someone who has been connected to the MVC I'm going to care about it for at least for another year or two. I love watching Alize play and will probably tune into SWOMO games when I run across them on ESPN3. I hope to see a Barry Hinson news conference pop up on my twitter feed every once in a while. I hope to see Bradley eventually pop up as a possible at-large when I'm doing my own personal bracketology every week in January and February. On ShockerNet, someone posted about Jake Odum playing Summer League and that is news I'm interested in. I will still probably check all the MVC school message boards for a while. They're in my rotation of sites I browse. AAC fan boards have not made it into my rotation yet, old habits I guess.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rambler63 » July 3rd, 2017, 7:50 pm

I imagine that a lot of relationships end like this in Wichita.

Person A says Person B is terrible-- they're awful!!! They are abused by Person B. They don't get respect from Person B. They've never been beaten by Person B, and they have a longstanding relationship with Person B and many mutual friends with Person B, but Person B is a lazy person who doesn't give them enough of what they deserve in comparison to other couples.

Yattata Yada Yada.
Flipity Flipa Flipo.

Yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada........

FOR FOUR OR FIVE YEARS!!!!!!

And then they get the divorce papers in the mail and they want to call their ex to find out what's going on with the kids and the plants and the neighbors and the repairs on the house, etc.

The correct answer is: f*** YOU--- GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE!!!
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball