Which roster add will have the biggest impact?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Which roster add will have the biggest impact?

Postby Cdizzle » October 25th, 2016, 8:40 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:Someone has to score for Evansville, why can't it be Taylor?

Seriously though, they only have one returning player that played any meaningful minutes...ONE!

I'm guessing Taylor puts up some numbers.

I got no problems assuming somebody at UE will score 15+ a game. Maybe 20+. That's the system they run. But I do doubt somebody averages 15+, 6rb, 5ast. I doubt that very much.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Stickboy46 » October 25th, 2016, 2:00 pm

Wufan wrote:Which player (that didn't play in 2015-16) will make the biggest impact in 2016-17?

For WSU, it should be Landry Shamet. He's a 6-4, 190 lb RS freshman. He was rated #88 by Rivals coming out of high school and averaged 18, 5, and 4. He will likely spend most of the year as a shooting guard, but can also play PG and SF. He played the first three games (averaging 9 points and 3 rebounds) last year before a stress fracture in his foot ended his season.

Shamet is probably the most likely pick, but I'm cautiously excited about Reaves ... Watching his highlight video is just .. wow ... I know he was from a small school, so you take it with a grain of salt, but he has big time talent/moves IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSu5N5ngEsY
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » October 25th, 2016, 4:45 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
Wufan wrote:Which player (that didn't play in 2015-16) will make the biggest impact in 2016-17?

For WSU, it should be Landry Shamet. He's a 6-4, 190 lb RS freshman. He was rated #88 by Rivals coming out of high school and averaged 18, 5, and 4. He will likely spend most of the year as a shooting guard, but can also play PG and SF. He played the first three games (averaging 9 points and 3 rebounds) last year before a stress fracture in his foot ended his season.

Shamet is probably the most likely pick, but I'm cautiously excited about Reaves ... Watching his highlight video is just .. wow ... I know he was from a small school, so you take it with a grain of salt, but he has big time talent/moves IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSu5N5ngEsY

I actually prefer the video when he scored 70 something in a game, or the one where he scored 33 in an 8 minute quarter (vs the other teams 17 to give his team the 2 point win). Those look like other guys full AAU highlight reels.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UEACES80 » October 26th, 2016, 9:12 am

It will be easy rooting for Reaves as I like small HS guys coming in to the bigger stage and being successful much like Baker did. Hope he is a humble player and lets play speak for itself as I don't like braggers much.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » October 26th, 2016, 10:42 am

UEACES80 wrote:It will be easy rooting for Reaves as I like small HS guys coming in to the bigger stage and being successful much like Baker did. Hope he is a humble player and lets play speak for itself as I don't like braggers much.

Everything I've read/heard says that's exactly how he is. Very humble and excited for the opportunity.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ptownbraves » October 29th, 2016, 12:51 pm

Valleyball wrote:For Bradley there is a good chance Darrell Brown Jr will be the starting point guard.

JO Jo Mcglaston is also a possibility. (Formerly played at Utah State)

Plenty of room for guys to make an impact though.

I'm excited about the things I've been hearing about Brown. Bradley hasn't had a true point guard since Sam Maniscalco, so if Brown turns out to be that guy, there are good things in Bradley's future.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball