Preseason Bradley dunk contest

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Preseason Bradley dunk contest

Postby tribecalledquest » October 25th, 2016, 9:08 am

UEACES80 wrote:Props to Bradley for valuing Academics.

Well...kinda true.

But Bradley doesn't offer majors for PE and those Kinieiology classes. So, as a rule, they don't accept any of those credits towards transfer. And many JUCO kids have 9-12 of those credits on their record (and I don't blame them). They could just accept them as "general credits" but aren't willing to do that.

Things have changed since Dick Versace was on campus :)
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » October 25th, 2016, 9:11 am

Cdizzle wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:
Wufan wrote:I really like the way the Bradley team is put together post implosion. Too many freshman and sophomores to be competitive with the top half of the Valley consistently, but these guys will be upperclassmen next year. The roster reminds me a lot of the 2002-03 Shockers under third year coach Mark Turgeon. Good, under the radar freshmen (Randy Burns, Rob Kampman, Paul Miller) were brought to WSU in 01-02 and they started a slow progression to respectability. One major difference between the two programs was Turgeon's willingness and ability to recruit JUCO and transfer talent accelerated the improvement. Either way, I like where they are going.

I don't mean to make this an academic thing, but for some stupid reason Bradley won't accept any PE/Kinesiology, etc. type courses from a JUCO. I hate it--big time. But it limits the JUCO talent available.

I'm not as opposed to JUCO's as Wardle--but he is changing the culture and talent level. That's where you have to start.

Interesting.

Don't know if it will, but hopefully it works out for Bradley this time. Wardle seems like a decent hire that is going about trying to build a program. I can get behind that.

Then, I also thought Geno Ford was really an excellent hire. I ended up looking kindof dumb on that one. I'm just glad Bradley is trying to find success. It'll pay off big eventually.

Geno would have been a great hire at ISU, SIU, MSU, etc.

The type of player/athlete he wanted to get was a bad fit for Bradley. He didn't do his research but when your salary is going to be doubled you tend to look past that :) And the people making the hire didn't look close enough at his Kent State roster. It all falls on Geno in the end of course.

I think fit really matters. Wardle played at Marquette so he gets it.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball