ISUr Deontae Hawkins Suspended Indefinitely

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby BirdsEyeView » October 25th, 2016, 7:30 am

Suspicion of DUI early Sunday morning - possibly with a suspended license.

I know why Muller takes on talented, but poor character guys. It's hard to recruit high end talent when you haven't made the big dance since 1998 (none of the kids we are recruiting anymore were even alive then), so he has to take some chances on questionable character guys.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out....but the end result could affect whether we challenge to win the league OR drop to the middle of the pack.

What a shame.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: ISUr Deontae Hawkins Suspended Indefinitely

Postby UEACES80 » October 25th, 2016, 7:56 am

Sorry to read this - none of us were perfect at his age but to potentially throw a college education away such a shame.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » October 25th, 2016, 7:56 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:Suspicion of DUI early Sunday morning - possibly with a suspended license.

I know why Muller takes on talented, but poor character guys. It's hard to recruit high end talent when you haven't made the big dance since 1998 (none of the kids we are recruiting anymore were even alive then), so he has to take some chances on questionable character guys.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out....but the end result could affect whether we challenge to win the league OR drop to the middle of the pack.

What a shame.

From what I read, there also is an issue that has moved him from being a JR to a SR correct? So this is now his last year of eligibility?

As said above. This isn't what anyone on any team wanted to hear.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » October 25th, 2016, 8:17 am

It's not the first poor decision he's been reprimanded for. The guy has plenty of talent but has shown again and again that his maturity level and decision making is lacking.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » October 25th, 2016, 8:42 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:Suspicion of DUI early Sunday morning - possibly with a suspended license.

What a shame.

Too bad. He's really talented...but how many chances does he get?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » October 25th, 2016, 9:02 am

Guess he won't be allowed to drive the team bus to road games this year.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » October 25th, 2016, 5:37 pm

Feel bad for the kid, as he clearly has some maturity issues that he's still trying to deal with. But are we really all that sure he's going to face major discipline? I've heard this song and dance before from ISUr.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » October 25th, 2016, 5:58 pm

Yep, Conner Frankamp got a DUI, and Marshall made him sit for two semesters!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » October 25th, 2016, 8:24 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:Feel bad for the kid

Why? He's a knuckle-head that has had every opportunity, and every rule bent for him, and he's still blowing it.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » October 25th, 2016, 8:31 pm

Wufan wrote:Yep, Conner Frankamp got a DUI, and Marshall made him sit for two semesters!

Frankamp also did not get a scholarship the next year.

Evidently Hawkins already had two cases pending in court. He hasn't shown up for any of his hearings, so now he's got 3 court appearances lined up.

I don't believe he's throwing away a college education with this latest episode. It looks like he had already done that. If he has reclassified as a Sr, instead of a Jr, then he's not making progress to graduate in 4 years, which, as a non-qualifier, would have given him a 4th year of eligibility.

If Hawkins doesn't figure out how life works - and in a hurry - I predict there's a penitentiary in his future.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball