2016 MVC Media Day - Preseason selections

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2016 MVC Media Day - Preseason selections

Postby Wufan » October 25th, 2016, 5:55 pm

Timmer's good. I do like Frankamp, and I believe he can be better than Timmer, but today I'd take Timmer. There's no way I'd take Simon over Timmer. This is a pre-season All-MVC team, and Timmer has earned it over the competition.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mvcfan » October 25th, 2016, 7:03 pm

Wufan wrote:Timmer's good. I do like Frankamp, and I believe he can be better than Timmer, but today I'd take Timmer. There's no way I'd take Simon over Timmer. This is a pre-season All-MVC team, and Timmer has earned it over the competition.

No one will know how Timmer would produce in the Marshall system or Frankamp in the Drake system. However, I too like CF and predict that his efficiency of stats per minute will be as good or better than Timmer at the end of the year.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » October 25th, 2016, 8:29 pm

I'd say that everyone's gameplan against Drake was working out just fine given that they went 2-19 against Valley competition. And he tore up WSU so bad that his team averaged 47.5ppg (for the ppg fans).

It's possible that the end of some teams benches are as good as the top of some other teams.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » October 25th, 2016, 9:53 pm

Im not a fan of Frankamp but I could be proven wrong of course.

I think he will struggle with alot more attention paid to him.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » October 26th, 2016, 8:19 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Im not a fan of Frankamp but I could be proven wrong of course.

He has struggled with any D1 attention paid to him.

But then struggle is a relative term.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » October 26th, 2016, 8:20 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Im not a fan of Frankamp but I could be proven wrong of course.

I'm not much a fan of Frankamp either, but I'm not sure how much more attention is going to be given to him. It's not like he's one of the top 3 players on the roster. I'll give Conner credit for doing what's been asked of him and improving some of his weaknesses, but his game is what it is. If he finds some consistency in his shot he'll be a nice weapon off the bench, preferably as an undersized SG.

If things go well, he won't be playing much PG by the time MVC play rolls around. I would hope Smith and Reaves will have locked up most of the minutes at that point. Personally, I actually prefer Simon running the point over Frankamp, but that's me. With that said, I don't want Simon running the point too much either.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LanceShock » October 26th, 2016, 8:38 am

SubGod22 wrote:I'm not much a fan of Frankamp either, but I'm not sure how much more attention is going to be given to him. It's not like he's one of the top 3 players on the roster. I'll give Conner credit for doing what's been asked of him and improving some of his weaknesses, but his game is what it is. If he finds some consistency in his shot he'll be a nice weapon off the bench, preferably as an undersized SG.

If things go well, he won't be playing much PG by the time MVC play rolls around. I would hope Smith and Reaves will have locked up most of the minutes at that point. Personally, I actually prefer Simon running the point over Frankamp, but that's me. With that said, I don't want Simon running the point too much either.

I wouldn't mind seeing Simon run some point if it means WSU has the game well in hand.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » October 26th, 2016, 8:51 am

Cdizzle wrote:

I guess my point was I don't see him being close to an All-MVC player. Of course, I don't see Reed Timmer there either.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » October 26th, 2016, 8:58 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

I guess my point was I don't see him being close to an All-MVC player. Of course, I don't see Reed Timmer there either.

I'm not sure you'd find a Shocker fan that disagrees with you.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » October 26th, 2016, 8:59 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

Agree to agree.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball