Two More ISU Players Arrested

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Two More ISU Players Arrested

Postby tribecalledquest » May 10th, 2018, 10:52 am

BCPanther wrote:How are these things mutually exclusive? It's not an either/or. You can have both.

Ben Jacobson has been at UNI for 13 years and we've only had 4 incidents of any note and all were suspended for 10% of the season per the Student Athlete Code of Conduct. It's black and white and doesn't allow a coach to manipulate the system.
2008--Lucas O'Rear steals a female student's iPod (3 game suspension)
2010--Jordan Eglseder DUI (3 game suspension including ODU BracketBuster, cost him Valley POY)
2011--Anthony James steals a bicycle on campus (No foreign trip, 3 game suspension)
2015--Klint Carlson DUI (that he was later acquitted of) (3 game suspension including North Carolina game)

In that time we've done pretty well on the floor. Its all about culture. I like the culture at UNI, Bradley, Loyola, etc a helluva lot more than the department-wide culture at ISU.

Right. Let's not act like ISU was winning like Wichita during all of this. Winning more than Bradley? Yeah. Winning more than UNI and now Loyola? No.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redbirdgrad » May 10th, 2018, 11:11 am

I really want to hear the 100% truth in this one.

Yes, don't put yourself in the position you did, make better choices...

But it sounds like the girl was the issue. Ditch the girl and get your head on straight.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » May 10th, 2018, 11:17 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
BCPanther wrote:How are these things mutually exclusive? It's not an either/or. You can have both.

Ben Jacobson has been at UNI for 13 years and we've only had 4 incidents of any note and all were suspended for 10% of the season per the Student Athlete Code of Conduct. It's black and white and doesn't allow a coach to manipulate the system.
2008--Lucas O'Rear steals a female student's iPod (3 game suspension)
2010--Jordan Eglseder DUI (3 game suspension including ODU BracketBuster, cost him Valley POY)
2011--Anthony James steals a bicycle on campus (No foreign trip, 3 game suspension)
2015--Klint Carlson DUI (that he was later acquitted of) (3 game suspension including North Carolina game)

In that time we've done pretty well on the floor. Its all about culture. I like the culture at UNI, Bradley, Loyola, etc a helluva lot more than the department-wide culture at ISU.

Right. Let's not act like ISU was winning like Wichita during all of this. Winning more than Bradley? Yeah. Winning more than UNI and now Loyola? No.

Which is why I said many posts ago, Muller apparently feels that without a track of recent program success (barometer being NCAA tournament appearances), he needed to grab non-qualifiers, transfers, or general bad eggs to overcome the program's lack of previous success. Sometimes he does get good kids (Lee) and other times he REACHES.

UNI has a track record of success and a name brand in the NCAAs. Different story to tell a recruit than "well, we haven't been to the NCAA tournament since I was a player here".
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mikovio » May 10th, 2018, 11:48 am

Loyola didn't have a track record of success and they made the Final Four without sacrificing culture. Hell culture is Porter's biggest emphasis.

How is the girl the issue when she's the one who got pushed in the back?
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » May 10th, 2018, 11:54 am

Mikovio wrote:Loyola didn't have a track record of success and they made the Final Four without sacrificing culture. Hell culture is Porter's biggest emphasis.

How is the girl the issue when she's the one who got pushed in the back?

Agreed with Loyola. 100%. Porter Moser is the man.

The UNI comparison was a bit silly, minus the fact that guys actually do get suspended there for breaking the law.

I never said anything about it being the girl's fault. Just let it play out.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » May 10th, 2018, 12:11 pm

I did.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 10th, 2018, 12:39 pm

You steal my sh*t you're free game. F*ck being PC at that point. I'm getting my s***. She better be glad she only got pushed.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » May 10th, 2018, 12:48 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:You steal my sh*t you're free game. F*ck being PC at that point. I'm getting my s***. She better be glad she only got pushed.

You seem nice.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » May 10th, 2018, 12:53 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:You steal my sh*t you're free game. F*ck being PC at that point. I'm getting my s***. She better be glad she only got pushed.

:huh:
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » May 10th, 2018, 12:57 pm

Yeah dude, it's still a woman.

Call the cops, have her arrested, but don't shove her.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball