Two More ISU Players Arrested

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Two More ISU Players Arrested

Postby shocktheheart » February 3rd, 2017, 9:00 am

Redhawk wrote:Traffic tickets? We're talking about traffic tickets????

Hawkins got a DUI this off season...same as both Conner Frankamp and Klint Carlson did in 2015.
Hawkins was given a one game suspension...Carlson got 3 games and Frankamp was a unique situation
but I am sure that Marshall invoked some form of punishment during his transfer year.

Let me ask you Shocker and Panther fans. If either Frankamp or Carlson got a moving violation now how many games should they be suspended or should they be kicked off the team?

Suspended at least one game since they lost their license due to a DUI while on the team.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SubGod22 » February 3rd, 2017, 9:07 am

Redhawk wrote:Traffic tickets? We're talking about traffic tickets????

Hawkins got a DUI this off season...same as both Conner Frankamp and Klint Carlson did in 2015.
Hawkins was given a one game suspension...Carlson got 3 games and Frankamp was a unique situation
but I am sure that Marshall invoked some form of punishment during his transfer year.

Let me ask you Shocker and Panther fans. If either Frankamp or Carlson got a moving violation now how many games should they be suspended or should they be kicked off the team?

Frankamp was said to have been punished internally and also was not given a scholarship the following year.

If he got caught driving on a suspended license I'd expect him to miss a game or two. But he's also not been in any sort of trouble since that incident. Hawkins on the other hand...
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bcg » February 3rd, 2017, 9:16 am

I was guilty of getting a DUI in McLean County (where B/N is) many years ago. It was made abundantly clear to me that if I was caught driving after my license was revoked (46 days after the incident, I think) that my bond would be voided and I would go to jail. I never did drive until re-instated and I am not a lawyer.

I will be interested to see Deontae's pre-trail hearing on the week of Arch Madness.
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 3rd, 2017, 9:22 am

shocktheheart wrote:
Congrats on sending a kid to play D1 soccer

Lol sorry, not the purpose of the post...just used to show I try to sway my players to good programs. Illinois State women's soccer is a good program.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » February 3rd, 2017, 9:24 am

Redhawk wrote:Let me ask you Shocker and Panther fans. If either Frankamp or Carlson got a moving violation now how many games should they be suspended or should they be kicked off the team?

If Frankamp would have followed the same path as Hawkins and had a DUI last year (he did), then violated team rules at the beginning of the year (like Hawkins did). I'd expect probably a 3 game suspension at that time. Then if he got arrested again for anything at this point in the year, I'd expect him to be done for the year.

The difference is that the punishment to Frankamp apparently worked (losing a scholarship for a year). The punishment (or lack thereof) obviously isn't working for Hawkins.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » February 3rd, 2017, 9:37 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
Redhawk wrote:Let me ask you Shocker and Panther fans. If either Frankamp or Carlson got a moving violation now how many games should they be suspended or should they be kicked off the team?

If Frankamp would have followed the same path as Hawkins and had a DUI last year (he did), then violated team rules at the beginning of the year (like Hawkins did). I'd expect probably a 3 game suspension at that time. Then if he got arrested again for anything at this point in the year, I'd expect him to be done for the year.

The difference is that the punishment to Frankamp apparently worked (losing a scholarship for a year). The punishment (or lack thereof) obviously isn't working for Hawkins.

Just for clarification...Hawkins DUI just before this season WAS the reason for the violation of team rules...it was not two separate offenses.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » February 3rd, 2017, 9:56 am

Redhawk wrote:

Carlson was suspended for 3 games - that included the North Carolina game AT HOME last year. He grew up, and went to high school, 20 minutes from the McLeoud Center. You don't think that hit home? Having to sit out a game against North Carolina just 20 minutes from all of your family and friends and everyone knows why.

Hell, he lost his starting job earlier this year simply for picking up a technical. Yep, he was benched for picking up a T.

It's also been nearly two years since his DUI. He has had zero other run ins with team violations, legal violations, etc... I'd say he's earned back some of what was lost for trust from Jake. However, I can promise you that if he was arrested and in jail less than 48 hours before tip off he isn't playing, regardless why he was arrested.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » February 3rd, 2017, 10:05 am

Redhawk wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:

Just for clarification...Hawkins DUI just before this season WAS the reason for the violation of team rules...it was not two separate offenses.

Sorry too many arrests to keep track of over there. He was suspended earlier in his career for something. Don't remember what. Either way .. he's a repeat offender .. and punishments should increase exponentially but I guess an exponent of zero punishment is still zero punishment.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby alap3 » February 3rd, 2017, 10:09 am

I believe Hawkins was sent home early from a Spain trip a few years ago. Don't know what he did or what punishment he received, but he does have a history of this.
alap3
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby shocktheheart » February 3rd, 2017, 10:17 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:
Congrats on sending a kid to play D1 soccer

Lol sorry, not the purpose of the post...just used to show I try to sway my players to good programs. Illinois State women's soccer is a good program.

Wasn't being sarcastic as any athlete who rises to that status should be congratulated along with their parents. It is the kids hard work, but the parents are part of it as well. My son just signed his LOI to run cross country and track for a juco in KS so I know what hard work goes into getting a scholarship in athletics.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball