Two More ISU Players Arrested

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Two More ISU Players Arrested

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 3rd, 2017, 10:27 am

shocktheheart wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:
Congrats on sending a kid to play D1 soccer

Lol sorry, not the purpose of the post...just used to show I try to sway my players to good programs. Illinois State women's soccer is a good program.

Wasn't being sarcastic as any athlete who rises to that status should be congratulated along with their parents. It is the kids hard work, but the parents are part of it as well. My son just signed his LOI to run cross country and track for a juco in KS so I know what hard work goes into getting a scholarship in athletics.

Congratulations to your son! Hopefully, he can translate that juco experience into a division 1 opportunity in a few years...

I have been coaching HS travel soccer for many years and have sent countless kids to all levels of college soccer (I have 5 D1 girls this year going to schools across the country). The smiles on their faces when they commit and sign those letters makes coaching them so worth it.

In fact, I can't even watch the WSU vs ISUr game on Saturday as I am making a 7 hour trek to Memphis this afternoon for a huge College Showcase event for a new crop of Sophomores I'm coaching. We have a game at 5pm and 8pm tomorrow night! YUCK.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redhawk » February 3rd, 2017, 10:35 am

Stickboy46 wrote:Sorry too many arrests to keep track of over there.

It's really easy to keep track with the Arrest Nation tote board for MVC Basketball since 2010:

Bradley - 4
ISUr - 3
Drake - 2
WSU-1
MSU - 1
UNI - 1
SIU - 1
Aces - 0
ISUb - 0
Loy - 0
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » February 3rd, 2017, 10:52 am

Wasn't being sarcastic as any athlete who rises to that status should be congratulated along with their parents. It is the kids hard work, but the parents are part of it as well. My son just signed his LOI to run cross country and track for a juco in KS so I know what hard work goes into getting a scholarship in athletics.[/quote]

Congratulations to your son! Hopefully, he can translate that juco experience into a division 1 opportunity in a few years...

I have been coaching HS travel soccer for many years and have sent countless kids to all levels of college soccer (I have 5 D1 girls this year going to schools across the country). The smiles on their faces when they commit and sign those letters makes coaching them so worth it.

In fact, I can't even watch the WSU vs ISUr game on Saturday as I am making a 7 hour trek to Memphis this afternoon for a huge College Showcase event for a new crop of Sophomores I'm coaching. We have a game at 5pm and 8pm tomorrow night! YUCK.[/quote]

Congrats you should be proud.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » February 3rd, 2017, 11:18 am

Redhawk wrote:

It's really easy to keep track with the Arrest Nation tote board for MVC Basketball since 2010:

Bradley - 4
ISUr - 3
Drake - 2
WSU-1
MSU - 1
UNI - 1
SIU - 1
Aces - 0
ISUb - 0
Loy - 0

Hmm .. ISUr has had 4 this year (rolling 12 months). Hawkins x2, Clayton, Yarbrough .. don't think i trust your board.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » February 3rd, 2017, 11:29 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
Redhawk wrote:

Bradley - 4
ISUr - 3
Drake - 2
WSU-1
MSU - 1
UNI - 1
SIU - 1
Aces - 0
ISUb - 0
Loy - 0

Hmm .. ISUr has had 4 this year (rolling 12 months). Hawkins x2, Clayton, Yarbrough .. don't think i trust your board.

If you consider a traffic ticket an arrest then you would be correct. Arrest Nation does not agree with you.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » February 3rd, 2017, 11:32 am

Redhawk wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
Redhawk wrote:

Bradley - 4
ISUr - 3
Drake - 2
WSU-1
MSU - 1
UNI - 1
SIU - 1
Aces - 0
ISUb - 0
Loy - 0

If you consider a traffic ticket an arrest then you would be correct. Arrest Nation does not agree with you.

It technically is .. I count any run in with the law. (Also the site you refer to lists Arrest/Citations/Charges)

So they just haven't updated it properly.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BradleyFan71 » February 3rd, 2017, 11:37 am

Redbird Recon wrote:
BradleyFan71 wrote:
Redbird Recon wrote:I'll also add that the justice system in McLean County is incredibly transparent. Do any of the other counties in The Valley have a public database with simple search options?

Peoria County

Link?

http://justice.peoriacounty.org/Search.aspx?ID=100
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BradleyFan71 » February 3rd, 2017, 11:44 am

Blers wrote:Personally I have no patience for someone driving drunk. Had Frankamp or Hawkins hit/killed someone while driving intoxicated i highly doubt they'd ever see the court again. But they and everyone else around them got lucky... It's really not that hard to have someone else drive you home. I mean if you're absolutely in trouble i'm sure they could reach a coach if no friends are available. They'd rather take care of it internally than have something like that happen.

It's also not difficult to get car insurance, unless of course you're known to disregard many different laws of operating a motor vehicle.
Why was he driving drunk on a suspended license anyways. Seems like a pretty intelligent move all the way around.
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redhawk » February 3rd, 2017, 11:46 am

Stickboy46 wrote:

It technically is .. I count any run in with the law. (Also the site you refer to lists Arrest/Citations/Charges)

So they just haven't updated it properly.

I stand corrected then...ISU would have 4 and be in a tie for the most with Bradley.

Just for the record I am in no way condoning Hawkins behavior or Muller's seeming light punishments. Just want the make sure the facts aren't embellished or recreated to fit a message board narrative.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BradleyFan71 » February 3rd, 2017, 11:47 am

TheObserver wrote:It's been 20 years since Illinois State has been relevant so it's clear how desperate things have become.

This!
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball