MVC POY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Which player not on your team will win POY?

Sean O'Brien
3%
Reed Timmer
2%
McKyle McIntosh
10%
Paris Lee
10%
Brenton Scott
5%
Milton Doyle
14%
Dequan Miller
No votes
Markis McDuffie
15%
Shaq Morris
5%
Jeremy Morgan
36%

Total votes : 59

Re: MVC POY

Postby Wufan » January 12th, 2017, 11:42 am

Does Morgan even make first team it the Panthers finish last?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby specialsauce » January 12th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Wufan wrote:Does Morgan even make first team it the Panthers finish last?

Well if Timmer made the preseason first team when the Bulldogs were picked last...
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » January 12th, 2017, 2:32 pm

For sure.

As a Bradley fan it hurts to see Doyle do well. He was on campus and close to committing the first go around until Kansas called very late. Then when it came time to transfer BU didn't have a scholarship.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » January 12th, 2017, 6:25 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:For sure.

As a Bradley fan it hurts to see Doyle do well. He was on campus and close to committing the first go around until Kansas called very late. Then when it came time to transfer BU didn't have a scholarship.

That's fascinating. I actually had no idea he was almost a BU commit. In some alternate timeline him and Joshua Cunningham would have be a lethal 1-2 punch and a huge boon on the Chicago recruiting scene.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUFAN » January 14th, 2017, 10:00 am

Partial post I made in game thread:

If Redbirds prevail, and the reason is Paris Lee, I think he takes a huge lead in POY voting. It would insure a season split at worst and he is the single most important player on either of these two teams. If Shockers win whoever has a big game between McDuffie or Willis could have a slight edge in POY voting. Sorry for my money Doyle may be the most talented and put up the biggest numbers, but I can't support him if they land up a distant 3rd or 4th in the conference race. He is very good and has been playing great, but to me team matters and I wouldn't vote for someone other that a player on the first or second place teams. I know many will disagree but that is my perspective. Also this clearly eliminates Morgan from any POY consideration. If Loyolla can win their remaining games against the Redbirds and Shockers, I would reconsider, but winning matters not just playing great.
WSUFAN
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby ahunte1 » January 15th, 2017, 10:23 am

Best players I've seen (mostly based on Loyola games either at home or on TV) are McIntosh, McDuffie, and Doyle. Honorable mentions for Lee, Hawkins, Willis. Morgan had a rough game in Chicago. Looking forward to seeing Miller and Johnson today.
ahunte1
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 16th, 2017, 2:51 pm

MiKyle McIntosh is our most valuable player for Illinois State (look at what happens to ISUr when he exits the game).

I think he is the leader with Doyle and Lee nipping at his heels for POY right now.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » January 16th, 2017, 6:28 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:MiKyle McIntosh is our most valuable player for Illinois State (look at what happens to ISUr when he exits the game).

I think he is the leader with Doyle and Lee nipping at his heels for POY right now.

Very similar to the year we had Early and VanVleet. Both extremely valuable but in different ways.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 22nd, 2017, 7:03 pm

Good article on the Bear's Alize Johnson:

http://www.news-leader.com/story/sports ... /96860032/
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » January 22nd, 2017, 10:14 pm

Last several years I don't really remember struggling to pick 1st teamers beyond a pool of say 8 players, usually less. You could ink in 3-4 without any problem, then argue about the last 1 or 2 from a group of 3 or 4.

No so much this year.

Even if you eliminate all WSU players because of their depth not allowing consistent play, I think you still struggle to pick an auto 5.

ISUr gives you 3 solid options...certainly Lee and McIntosh have to merit strong consideration. Hawkins will get some votes. Alize Johnson should be a lock, right? Jeremy Morgan? Milton Doyle has to be there.

How about Jaylon Brown? Leads the league in scoring. Miller scores more than Johnson for MSU. Donte Ingram is close to Doyle in scoring and a better rebounder and defender. Someone will say Reed Timmer.

Scott for ISUb probably is on too bad a team to be considered. BU doesn't have a standout. SIU probably not either but Rodriguez has been very good in conference.

There are 2 teams (ISUb and UE) that would put Shaq Morris for POY. Shamet and McDuffie are all over the stats pages. Both are very good. Shamet is probably the FOY at this point.

Almost half way and the only 2 I feel certain are 1st team are Johnson and Lee. The 2nd team will be outstanding.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball